Hyundai Forums banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,455 Posts
If the manual states fuel tank capacity is x amount of gallons then you should be able to fill it to it's maximum,, it does not say to only fill to less than the amount stated.
What does the manual say about not overfilling your tank and damaging the carbon fuel evaporation canister? Whacking your head with a hammer to kill a fly can sometimes be fatal.

·
Registered
136 Posts
What does the manual say about not overfilling your tank and damaging the carbon fuel evaporation canister? Whacking your head with a hammer to kill a fly can sometimes be fatal.
The manual says to not overfill and cause damage to the paint due to spillage, I always fill up till it won't take no more and have never had an issue , get what you can out of a tank of gas.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe SEL 2.4l FWD
47 Posts
Your car to do with whatever you want, the guys are just warning you that you are on borrowed time till a very expensive repair

Although gas pumps and cars have been idiot proofed as much as possible against overfilling gas still does get spilled at times - here is an article on the safety and health risks that even a small spill posses to a community

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,455 Posts
The manual says to not overfill and cause damage to the paint due to spillage, I always fill up till it won't take no more and have never had an issue , get what you can out of a tank of gas.
Okay, I’m going to make an exception in your case and grant you permission to fill your gas tank till it won’t take no more.

Don’t pay attention to this article below. I’m posting it for other members to read.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Folks, while I love the Santa Fe, I have to say I'm terribly disappointed so far with the fuel economy.

I drove as gently as possible and in town I average 15L/100km or 15.6mpg. when my wife drives, it's 17 or 18L/100km (13mpg) and she isn't at all beating on it.

My question - with 4,000km on the car, is there some kind of break in process that consumes more fuel. Or is something wrong with the car?

Past and alternate vehicles are always under stated EPA estimates... So am confident in it not being our driving.

Thanks folks, any guidance would be appreciated.
Folks, while I love the Santa Fe, I have to say I'm terribly disappointed so far with the fuel economy.

I drove as gently as possible and in town I average 15L/100km or 15.6mpg. when my wife drives, it's 17 or 18L/100km (13mpg) and she isn't at all beating on it.

My question - with 4,000km on the car, is there some kind of break in process that consumes more fuel. Or is something wrong with the car?

Past and alternate vehicles are always under stated EPA estimates... So am confident in it not being our driving.

Thanks folks, any guidance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2020 SF Ultimate
38 Posts
I am averaging 10.5L/100km [22+ MPG] over last month. Mostly short [under 50km] city trips. I am only expecting it improve as the weather get better [and warmer].

81 - 90 of 90 Posts