Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in my car to go home and found my passenger visor was hanging by a wire. I left the visor down to hold a sunshade and I'm guessing the heat here in SC took care of of the plastic and caused it to break. The post that goes into the headliner is what cracked.

Is this covered under warranty? I'm a second owner and have 40k miles. Is the 60k mile warrant bumper to bumper or drive train only?

Lastly, anyone take their visor apart to fix a problem like this?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
5/60 to any owner... in your case it will come to a determination if you broke it, or is it a case of material and/or workmanship of the part..

You do not have 10/100 as second owner.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went by dealer and they would have replaced the visor in 10 minutes had they had one in stock. Service guy mentioned this might get listed under a recall. They've been replacing many. Glad this warranty is good to 60k and not the usual 36k. Thanks Hyundai.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Got mine replaced the first day for free as well. Not sure how it broke but I am pretty sure I bought it like that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny how I forgot that I posted this. My driver's side visor is now broken, although with 100k miles, I'm our of warranty and have to find a replacement.

Hyundai did a poor job on these visors.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Hopefully this is only an issue with the '07 models.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same issue here...had the passenger side go first and it was replaced under warranty. At 63,000 miles, and 85 MPH on the highway, the driver side visor flapped down in my face, hanging by a wire. That's 2 visors to go within 5,000 miles of each other on a 2007 Santa Fe GLS.

Hyundai wants something crazy, like $130 for parts and labor on it. I clipped the wire and wear sunglasses :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts