Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Members

I was just wondering if any one has come across my problem, my 02 V6 Auto Santa fee (My Baby) isnt working.she has been in my brother-inlaws garage now for 2 months, now the problem is i was driving and suddenly it started to bunny hop and couldnt get up even simple hills, the hi scan said it was a cylinder problem, so changed the injectors, new fuel sensor, checked all the leads and fuses and still not working?

it turnes over very well but as soon as the revs go over 15 its starts to choke!

the compression test was ok

im stumpted and so is my brother inlaw who is a machanic?

He thinks it could be the ECU unit? can they be Repaired or Reprogrammed.i have made enquires, but as its a siemanns ECU unit i have been quoted over £1100.00 and been told they are difficult to repair, but we are not sure if that is the problem.

sorry if this all sounds up in the air, but i miss my Santa fe

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
What were the DTC recovered with Hi-Scan... need specific numbers.

There is not a lot of problems with the SIEMENS 2.7L...

Probably not something for machanic to work with,,, needs a technician.. :whistling:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply.
I will get the Hi-Scan results to you asap.
The mechanic has them,will be speaking to him tonight. sorry i seem disorganised, this has been going on for so long.
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello sorry for delay.
The Hi-Scan result was:
fault Code P0304 No 4 cylinder misfire.
we have changed all the injectors / plugs / leads everything.
thanks

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Usually the only thing we see is aged wire, and it will arc out of the blck plastic stick and you see discolor or flat burn cracks..

Swap #4 injector with #6, swap #4 plug with #2, try again.. something else to do (be carefull to not get zapped) is to lift the #4 wire end out of coil tower when it is running and verify it plenty of power to jump/SNAP a wide gap, as sometimes 1 side of the coil will fail, but mating tower will still fire nicely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Thanks for trying we did what you said todo, but still the same thing, and managed not to get Zapped!!!! :460:

i have managed to speak to a technician, who is going to test the ecu unit for me!!! as the car still turns over he thinks it could be an out put problem from the ECU unit! the Siemens ecu unit are difficult (5WY1245D) as its surrounded in slicone!!??

i will keep you all update.

Dave :liebe011:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts