Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All:

Pulled into a parking space as usual the other night and when backing out, I badly ripped up the "raidiator shield" (if its called that) plastic cover underneath my car. I ended up removing it alltogether after removing a few remaining clips holding it in place and drove home without problem. It looks like it protects the radiator....does anyone know what this part is called?

Also, it looks fairly straightforward in terms of trying to install myself so I'm also curious if any of your had this happen and what you did. Doubt its a warrenty opportunity :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw this exact page too.....just wasn't sure #4 was actually what I needed or not.

So "front shield" is the item...we think.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
A little while back someone else had to replace this part. You might want to check but I recall that piece being held in front by several push pins w/ collars.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I had to replace ours from wife running into a curb. Cost about $28 from the dealer and took about 5 minutes. Bolts and clips... so make sure clips are reusable. Ours were.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I too have a cracked shield but it's staying in place and still firmly attached so it's one of those items I will get to eventually.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Mine actually has a hole in it which is a bit odd although it's not the first plastic piece on this particular vehicle to get punctured. Definitely not high on my to-do list as it's hardly visible.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
May be a part number molded into it from the injection mold.. similar topic rolling around here somewhere, somebody set the chin on a curb or park block and messed it up backing off I think it was..

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/231-md-2011-elantra/167785-help-locating-part-number-name.html
Yes that was my thread. It's my wife's daily driver and she swears she didn't back up over anything so how it happened remains a mystery.

I should have been more descriptive in the title and then maybe a search by the OP would have pulled it up as this is the exact issue I faced.

The dealership "fixed" it with a cable tie since it had been ripped where one of the bolts holds it. Because of the deformation done it isn't flush and I wonder if the increased drag will adversely effect mileage.

I took the Elantra in for an oil change and the headliner recall less than a week later and I was surprised they didn't try to sell me the part. Frankly if they had, for $20 I would have said yes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thats the black plastic piece? I broke mine lastweek on a curb at work, I'm gong to change it when I take it in for my next oil change. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts