Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I drive my Elantra with a bad ocv valve? I broke the electrical connection off of the valve on the engine i just dropped in and REALLY need to drive it (only mode of trans). Im not too sure. I ran it a little bit already and hope to find a junked engine tomorrow but Ineed to drive it about 40 miles to get it home. I am a newbie here and to Hyundais in general. Thanks

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
You can drive the car... PCM will see open circuit and set code for the electrical concern, may or may not set code for timing, asn the valve is open circuit..

Part will cost approx $175 + labor (replace and clear code)...

Just had 1 last week,,, code for timing issue, went to inspect valve, it was stuck in the head, and the solenoid section popped off the valve portion.. almost small catastrophe to get the valve sleeve out of head, but it finally came out. Use a tap to snag the sleeve, and DOT-3 to dissolve the oil sludge, finally pulled it out.

The oil control filter screen was clogged up too (poor oil change habits),,, cleaned the screen with a can of carb and DOT-3 to cut the sludge, re-assemble, and watch values in current data screen and they match, so it look like it be good.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I took one off of a Mitsubishi...it appears to be identical except for the connector. It has an an xtra slide on it. I modified it to fit...any problems anyone forsees? (I am just strapped for cash at the moment- like every one else.) Heres a pic of the one Ive pulled.[attachment=20055:eek:cv.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I too cracked my 2005 Elantra OCV, while investigating O2 sensor errors. It's taken me longer than I expected to find a part number for this thing. This forum post is the closest thing I've found. Does anybody have a part number for this? :)

Mine says 24355-23763-0282 on the bracket, but that doesn't yield very many results.

Thanks in advance,
-Ed

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (FastEddieG @ Apr 2 2011, 03:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=424677
I too cracked my 2005 Elantra OCV, while investigating O2 sensor errors. It's taken me longer than I expected to find a part number for this thing.
Part number is lazered onto the part :thumbsup:

Does anybody have a part number for this? :)
Yes

Mine says 24355-23763 on the bracket, but that doesn't yield very many results.
Works for me -- MSRP $140.. the 1 I needed we had on the shelf..

Thanks in advance,
-Ed

Remove the plug at rear of head and use carb spray and clean the OCV oil filter too !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
For anyone else that stumbles up on this, the OCV part has been replaced with 24355-23800. $140+tax at the dealer parts desk, and $70 + shipping at fourgreen.com

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (FastEddieG @ Apr 4 2011, 02:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=425524
For anyone else that stumbles up on this, the OCV part has been replaced with 24355-23800. $140+tax at the dealer parts desk, and $70 + shipping at fourgreen.com

Cheaper to buy it at the Hyundai or Kia dealer... plus no freight damage/lost UPS / Fed-Ex form being left somewhere unattended..

$70 Shipping... No shipping from local dealer,,, part counter fella order it if not on shelf, pick it up in day or 2.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Excuse my ignorance ; so OCV is an oil control valve ?

It regulates oil flow and pressure in the engine block some how ?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (santa06 @ Apr 5 2011, 02:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=426160
Excuse my ignorance ; so OCV is an oil control valve ?

It regulates oil flow and pressure in the engine block some how ?

Oil Control Valve is duty cycled +/- to control oil flow into CVVT controllor to advance/**** cam timing for emission control (valve ovelap to effect EGR while not originally sporting an EGR valve) and to alter power character throughout operating range..

There is a filter screen that catches debris in the oil before it hits the OCV and CVVT controllor

·
Registered
9 Posts
Filter for OCV

Hi! I just got an Elantra 2006 GT and it shows the P0011 code (CEL light ON). When I am reading the forum posts people are talking about cleaning the OCV filter when you replace OCV. Can somebody please instruct me where filter is located and how to remove the filter and clean it? Thank you very very much!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts