Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, yesterday I woke up to a vandalized car, someone broke both my mirrors, I went to the dealer and asked for a quote, each mirror goes for 600 CAD + 200 paint job + installation and tax, ends up being around 1000 CAD$ per mirror, which I will not pay of course.

I am trying to avoid using my insurance, as the deductible is 500$ I believe and this will most likely spike the price for my next renewal.

I have a 2.0T Ultimate (top trim) canadian version, wonder if anyone has ever replaced their mirrors and where did you guys buy them? I can't believe those things go for 600, holly molly.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: they broke the casing/plastic and base, the mirror itself aren't broken, just the plastic parts and base.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Dont know how close to border you are,, but call USA dealer for purchase price,, and come over.. swap them in lot,,, deal with paint at later date

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont know how close to border you are,, but call USA dealer for purchase price,, and come over.. swap them in lot,,, deal with paint at later date
I am like 2 hours away from the border so that's not a big issue, the problem here is that I assume prices would not be so different from cad to us dealers... a stealership is a stealership, wherever it is.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how bad are the plastic covers? You can fix with plastic bonder and peelable paint
They need to be replaced. The question is if anyone has ever replaced their mirrors, and if you did how much did you pay and where did you buy?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Not sure how different your mirrors are than a 2017 Sport 2.4l, but my step dad needed to have the passenger side replaced on his car after someone standing on a sidewalk with a large backpack turned as he went by and the backpack struck the mirror, breaking the glass and cracking the plastic.

Mirror was ordered online and then replaced at a local body shop.
Shop charged him $100 for paint and labor to replace the mirror.

Mirror was ordered from rockauto.com and was about $93 before shipping.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...829,body,outside+mirror+&+glass+assembly,1304

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hi, yesterday I woke up to a vandalized car, someone broke both my mirrors, I went to the dealer and asked for a quote, each mirror goes for 600 CAD + 200 paint job + installation and tax, ends up being around 1000 CAD$ per mirror, which I will not pay of course.

I am trying to avoid using my insurance, as the deductible is 500$ I believe and this will most likely spike the price for my next renewal.

I have a 2.0T Ultimate (top trim) canadian version, wonder if anyone has ever replaced their mirrors and where did you guys buy them? I can't believe those things go for 600, holly molly.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: they broke the casing/plastic and base, the mirror itself aren't broken, just the plastic parts and base.

Here are two on ebay that are none painted but are complete mirrors for the 2015-18 sonata with L.E.D signals, you could buy some mirror covers like carbon or chrome if you dont wanna spend money on paint.. btw each one is 87.00 usa dollars free shipping, not sure about cost across the boarder and do it yourself, here is a video on youtube of a guy replacing his on a 2013 sonata, I would imagine it would be about the same

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HY1321204-...508730?hash=item25f124c4fa:g:r8cAAOSwlrFas9x6

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HY1320204-...m=382417491422&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

·
Registered
30 Posts
here is a video on youtube of a guy replacing his on a 2013 sonata, I would imagine it would be about the same

I replaced my passenger mirror, and can confirm that the video is the same for a 2016 Sonata. My mirror does not have the signal lamp, so my cost was something like $55. Got it from Amazon. Was a perfect fit. Have not had it painted white yet. For reference, this is who the seller was...

(again this is not the same mirror you need)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts