Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I managed to get a replacement aerial for the one that snapped off. I've attached an image here and it seems I have to chase the cable all the way down to the dashboard and then connect up to the back of the radio.

The mount and the aerial/cable is on one piece. Any idea on how to chase the entire cable?

Many thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,281 Posts
Cut the cable off the original aerial base then tape the connector of the new aerial onto it. Now use the old cable to pull the new one through the 'A' pillar.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried it this morning but the original cable won't budge. Do you know how to access the cable from inside the car, I'm thinking it's bundled with other cables.

Many thanks,

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,281 Posts
I don't think the aerial cable will be bundled with other wires. Not inside the 'A' pillar, at least.

The Santa Fe models I've worked on here in the UK had the aerial built into one of the rear windows so I've never has to replace that type of aerial on a Santa Fe. I'd expect the cable to exit the 'A' pillar behind the driver's footwell trim, but that's just a half educated guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts