Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2003 Santa-Fe that is just 3 weeks old it is definately a very lovely car,but i had just encountered aa strange problem.whenever i had a brief stop & restart it,i get a sudden hesitation or feeling of missing for about2-3 seconds.
so what i want to know is that if anyone else experienced it ,so that i can get some idea how to deal with problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have posted many times regarding the same problem.Atleast now i think that it is.I am on my second 2004 santa-Fe.The dealer said that they have no ideawhat the problem is ..........they also claimed that i am the only one having this problem.The car is quite bumpy.I am quite worried about my car.......

Originally posted by Grimes@Jul 18 2004, 10:15 AM
i have a 2003 Santa-Fe that is just 3 weeks old it is definately a very lovely car,but i had just encountered aa strange problem.whenever i had a brief stop & restart it,i get a sudden hesitation or feeling of missing for about2-3 seconds.
so what i want to know is that if anyone else experienced it ,so that i can get some idea how to deal with problem.
[snapback]170[/snapback]​

·
Registered
224 Posts
Are you both using the diesel engine Santa Fe's? - if so are you waiting for the glow plug indicator to go out. I have found that if you stop the car, then try restarting it that you have to wait longer for the glow plug indicator to go out.

If you try starting a diesel engine before the glow plugs have warmed up properly it will start very roughly. As the car gets older - the glow plugs will take longer to reach optimum temperature - a new car should only take about 2 seconds to reach temperature at 10 degrees Celcius. If it takes longer than about 30 seconds the replace the glow plugs.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Anyone like to confirm C-DUBYA's information.
Have the two people with these complaints persued these issues with their dealers yet? Have these problems been rectified?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts