Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,
all my break lights do not work.
I have allready checked the fuse. Now I want to ckeck the switch of the break pedal but couldn't find it.
Does anyone know were it is?

regards
Alex

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (alexanderHS @ Jul 3 2010, 02:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338580
Dear all,
all my break lights do not work.
I have allready checked the fuse. Now I want to ckeck the switch of the break pedal but couldn't find it.
Does anyone know were it is?

regards
Alex
Welcome from Germany. Hundreds of Brake Switch threads here. Your Dealer should replace it as it was a federal recall in our Country!

Try at least!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
The brake light switch was the subject of a recall.

BUT, the rear brake light bulbs also burn out like crazy after about 3 years.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
092 brake light switch recall in USA...

Switch part number ends with 3K000-QQH.... has dark body, and grey section where connector plug in..

Scan PCM and ESC modules, may find brake light switch A/B correlatin in the PCM or 1513 in the ESC/ABS module, and maybe a CAN code too..

Sometimes people will drive along with bulbs open circuit, and how many people do walk around light inspects anyway.... I up sell bulbs all the time, they add up and help make my pay for the week.. :banana:

·
Registered
87 Posts
The problem may be that brake switch recall, but kn5owa is right. In my old Elantra, I had all 3 brake lights burn out @ the same time about 4 times.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your support.
To figure out if it is the Break switch, does the handbreak activates the break lights?

regards
Alex

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (MiamiLX @ Jul 4 2010, 11:51 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338762
They are 33 Cents, You would have to sell a lot of Bulbs :innocent:

Parts dept gets the bulb sale, I get the labor... I typically do bulbs for warranty labor time..

0.2 hr for most all side mark/license plate and brake bulb when readily accessible in trunk

0.3 hr for headlamp bulb and fog lamp bulb

0.4 hr for 3rd brake bulb on rear deck panel inside the lamp housing

I like it when you show up with all 4 side mark bulbs inoperative, you replace headlamp bulb and it is installed incorrect (see the light pattern on the wall)..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts