Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a brand new Tuscon 9k miles. I've been using the AC ever since I bought the car and it works fine. Today I set the AC to 65 and its blowing out straight hot air. lower it and its the same hot air. If I put it to "low" setting it blows out AC Cold. I took it to the dealership and after 3 hours they told me it normal. They said since its winter time and cold outside it will blow warm in the car because of the thermostate in the car which to me makes no sense. though it has been working for months and all of a sudden it doesn't work???? Anyone have any ideas why it won't blow cold when i set it between 62-69? but when i set it to LO it blows freezing cold. please someone help me....

·
Registered
808 Posts
Know it sounds redundant, but was the temp inside the vehicle? Don't want to overly simplify the problem, but naturally if ambient temp is lower than setting, you'll get warm air.
If the temp is set at lowest, the a/c system is designed to operate continuously so you'll get ice cold air.
Best to set it to you're comfort level and let it run its course. I know we may have each set at a specific temp, but when driving, we each change it slightly to our liking at that time, but it does react accordingly.

Guess time will tell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts