Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my first Hyundai. 2021 Elantra SEL w/ group 2 convenience package. Had it less than a week, it’s at the dealer. 800 miles on the ODO. Dropping coolant like crazy. Anybody else have this issue?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Top it off and visit your dealer, or have them tow it

Leaky hose or pump.... something amiss

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
So many one post fly-by-night new members (possible trolls) ripping the Kia / Hyundai products. Because most never return, I doubt this complaint is true.

Why doesn't the administration of these boards require a half-dozen replies to other topics, before allowing the new members permission to start threads? At least mandate that a troll participate for a few days, then start their own Hyundai Complaints Machine.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
On my 2017 SE coolant was a dark green when new. That looks like the color of transmission fluid. There have been reports of the new IVT failing or needing replacement,

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
On my 2017 SE coolant was a dark green when new. That looks like the color of transmission fluid. There have been reports of the new IVT failing or needing replacement,
no, it's coolant. new phosphate enhanced long life coolant for asian cars is that pinkish color. we have that in our new elantra

·
Registered
462 Posts
Anyone have the part# for this newer version(pink) of long life coolant from Hyundai?... I have only seen and heard of the Long Life that Hyundai has and its green..

Thanks!

no, it's coolant. new phosphate enhanced long life coolant for asian cars is that pinkish color. we have that in our new elantra

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
That is cool :) ant which is better than transmission fluid. Hyundai is making a lot of changes. Different oil recommended. Different color coolant. This is the first post I have ever seen here for leaking coolant. It could be as simple as a hose coming loose.

·
Registered
214 Posts
As a NAPA employee, I'll look at our selection, and see if Asian Pink/Red is for our cars.
I just had mine changed, and I've got Green in my car. They wanted to put Universal in, and I told them NO. I wanted what was suppose to be in my car.

·
Registered
214 Posts
My research hasn't turned up anything major as of yet. However, I did see Asian Blue was listed as Primary for our car, and Green as 2nd. 3rd was the Red/Pink, and 4th was Universal.

·
Registered
2017 Elantra value edition 132,000miles
80 Posts
So many one post fly-by-night new members (possible trolls) ripping the Kia / Hyundai products. Because most never return, I doubt this complaint is true.

Why doesn't the administration of these boards require a half-dozen replies to other topics, before allowing the new members permission to start threads? At least mandate that a troll participate for a few days, then start their own Hyundai Complaints Machine.
Because some people come here looking for just a one time answer and it would be bad business to deny them a account with access to it you could make them pay but then nobody would use it

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
My research hasn't turned up anything major as of yet. However, I did see Asian Blue was listed as Primary for our car, and Green as 2nd. 3rd was the Red/Pink, and 4th was Universal.
you need to google p-oat and read up. you will see that not all manufacturers use the same color, but the formula is the same. and the common green ethylene glycol formula is just about opposite of p-oat. one is phosphate free, the other is phosphate based.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I had this problem with a 2000 Lexus. They had to replace a housing on top of the engine. Of course, because it was a Lexus, it was Very Reliable. My "crap" Dodges broke down less and cost less to repair than those Lexus vehicles.

·
Registered
241 Posts

For something like this I tend to agree. I've seen these kinds of '1-post wonder complaints' on a number of product forums- automotive and others. Most such posters never reply or follow-up again which really makes me suspicious. Regarding the OP's issue- I've bought many new cars over the years and my 1st knee-jerk ASAP reaction if I truly had a problem like this would be to get right back with the selling dealer, not make my 1st post on an internet BB. But that's just me......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts