Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2017 Sonata Hybrid Limited and loved it until the transmission failed at 1000 miles:

While accelerating uphill, vehicle will not shift out of second and seems to "slip" when pedal is pressed further. This causes the engine to rev while the car does not accelerate. Then after a sudden jolt and bang, warning lights say to pull the vehicle over and park.

Towed to Dealer who said it drove fine but there are a ton of codes in the computer. Wondering what my remedies would be and what anyone would recommend. Concerned they will place a band-aid on it and not address the root problem.

Might be similar to "Loss of Power during Hard Acceleration" Thread

PS: Bought the car in Georgia but now live in New York and curious how this would affect lemon law proceedings, if applicable.

-Art

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Then after a sudden jolt and bang, warning lights say to pull the vehicle over and park.
Hybrids is funny, sneeze and warnings not to drive..

Towed to Dealer who said it drove fine but there are a ton of codes in the computer.
Codes,, what codes did they recove from which modules ??

Wondering what my remedies would be and what anyone would recommend.
That depends on what the recovered codes found is.. that'll point to offending circuit seen to have fault

Concerned they will place a band-aid on it and not address the root problem.
Kinda difficult to "Band-Aide" a Hybrid, as all systems need to be in working order for it to function

PS: Bought the car in Georgia but now live in New York and curious how this would affect lemon law proceedings, if applicable.

-Art
Why you go to NY ?? I left there 25yr ago, with no desire to ever go back,, only lived there 7yr

Let dealer handle the situation.. depending on problem, they may have some time spent with Hyundai to remedy problem, depending on what the problem(s) are

See if they'll tell you codes recovered from which modules, I kinda like to know what we playing with,, as I get stuck with most our Hybrid issues myself..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts