Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every one
Just made new purchase before new year a 2014 Tucson GL
and 2 weeks ago with that cold weather we had here in Toronto Canada the car started up warmed up I drove it around stopped for coffee and then only to have it with no start up.
It would not start had to wait 4 hours for ther road assistance and only after few attempts it started up, I took it to the dealer ship they looked at it and they found nothing,(go figure brand new car)

Now 2 weeks later today actually cold weather past few days started no problem I let it warm up, got in to go and the thers no power stirring and the stirring light is on indicating problem.

I got it towed to the dealer ship and sure enough there started the car and the stirring was then ok and light off.

Service shop looked it though and found
Code c1704 EPS module malfunction

So they tell me due to cold weather and car being brand new and with only 190km on it and not driven alot could of caused the piston to stick ,since thers no more belt system as in past.

Has any one else run to a problem like this or with any other model/make

or could I be looking down the road of replacement of the steering column as it says in the print out they gave me for my records to have.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and il post back next fews days if I still encounter problems with my current issues.

Thanks
NHL67

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well, your car is a mechanical device. Things can and will go wrong. I've had issues with other new cars too and once the bugs were worked out they were fine for years. At least it sounds like your dealership is willing to work with you so let it ride. That's what the warranty is for!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thnxs CleanSE-R that's what I thinking originally brand new until it breaks in a few km or atleast the first 1000km may have some minor issues.
Drove it today for 100km on highway was good run and then some in city stops/starts steerring ok with still having extreme cold temperatures so hope it was just small hick-up due to really cold temps.

My first brand new car so it has me thinking
Ive always bought used before and gone through 3 cars in 27 years was lucky with past purchases no major repairs was ever needed un-other then tune ups- battery- muffler-water pump-alternator-brakes-oil change but went brand new this time around.

·
Registered
838 Posts
In this recent cold spell, vehicles are like people, they are affected by the abnormal cold.

Don't worry, I have surfed these Hyundai/Kia forums for years, and never saw an issue with power steering like you did, I'm betting it's just a cold weather fluke. Same with the random no-start condition, maybe you accidently stepped on the gas before starting, sometimes this confuses the fuel injection when cold :)

I put 50k happy care free miles on my 2010 Tucson GLS AWD, before it was totaled :(

Not so good gas mileage was the only issue.

I have added 20k miles to my slightly used 2011 Sportage EX AWD, a clone of the Tucson, and jut as happy!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I also live in Toronto and have had no issues with the electric power steering and this is my third winter with the the Tucson. In fact in 2 and half years I have had only 1 minor problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It seems maybe that cold weather jinks was problem iv driven now almost 2 months a and driven a few times on highway, seems all good now keep my fingers crossed don't want to jinks my self lol.

Maybe better to buy brand new in spring-summer-fall months rather then cold winter months, in breaking in the car for the first 1000km or so that way all components would be less stressed do to extreme cold temps.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Hi Paul
Welcome to the forum.:00000732:
As yours is 2006 model, do you want me to move your post to "JM" (pre-2010) forum, or stay here.?

·
22,793 Posts
:00000732: Welcome to the forums, Paul. Give some consideration to letting us move this over to the forum newtech suggested. It best represents your year/model and your post will have a better chance of being seen and receiving responses.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heather

I have a 2014 Tucson GL that I purchased in June of 2014. Since the day I purchased it the car jerks or skips while driving and at times it will idle down so low and almost "choke off." This seemed to be worse in the summer months. On several occasions it has almost lost power when crossing intersections (I will mash the gas and it will not go). On about 5/6 occasions while sitting at a traffic light it jumps like it wants to go and this is while I have my foot on the brake. Now, for the past two days when I go to leave work in the afternoons I have to give the car two tries to get it started.

I also have light gray fabric seats and you cannot let rain water touch the seats or they will stain. I fortunately purchased the warranty and we will see how that goes. This is really bad fabric that was used on these seats.

Just so you know, I am in Alabama in case that helps regarding the weather.

Anyone else having any of these issues?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts