Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, This is my first post. 2009 Accent GLS. Bone stock. 185/65/14's. Car has 30,000. Wife uses the car daily on a paper route and basically stands on the brakes for 4 hrs. 7 days a week. The paint and primer on the steel wheels have baked off and rust is forming. I've actually seen the wheels blue from the heat!!!

Needless to say it's time for a brake job. Hopefully not too much damage. I would like to replace the steelies with a set of Borbet Type CA 14x6 alloys. Will these provide more open space for cooling and heat disipation or am I waisting my money? In the meantime I'll remove the plastic wheel covers. I think there acting as insulators. Any advise would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
I dunno bout the wheels, but I'll just remind you that Hyundai does not cover vehicles used in delivery routes under warranty, so the brakes will be completely on you :(

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (bloodninja @ Jul 22 2010, 01:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=343905
I dunno bout the wheels, but I'll just remind you that Hyundai does not cover vehicles used in delivery routes under warranty, so the brakes will be completely on you :(
I doubt he was expecting hyundai to cover the brakes under warranty.

Ventilation to the brakes depends on speed. If she never goes above 10-15mph, I doubt you'll see any drop in brake temp with an alloy wheel. Drilled/slotted discs might make a difference though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts