Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 69 i10 has very sharp (emergency stop like) breaking at the end of travel on the foot pedal. If you are going really slow up to a junction and need to do some delicate breaking you end up nearly hitting the dashboard! I took it back to the dealer when it was one week old and a mechanic took it for a drive with me. Although they were VERY careful not to experience any abnomality they did experience some of what I was complaining about.
Hyundai said it is not a safety issue as, if anything, it stops you sooner when required!!! He also said it is a usual breaking experience with the New i10, admitedly not great, but acceptable. As this was now, not a warrenty issue they cahrged me £56 for the pleasure of a mechanic to tell me my brakes are not perfect but acceptable!!
I drive many many hire car's for my job and I know what breaking should feel like, and it is not like this.

My question is whether any other drivers are having the same experience with the i10 breaking system or is it just my car? If so, maybe I should look for a more in depth investigation from an independant garage (AA, RAC etc.....)

·
Registered
2021 i10 premium 1.0
4 Posts
My wife got a new i10 premium in oct 21. The car has very sharp braking with little travel in the pedal in my view.
it does seem different to many cars i have driven in the past. That said she is use to it and it doesn't bother her.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.