Hyundai Forums banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wondering if you got the car fixed and whether or not you now have a silent Hydraulic Power Unit?

Yes, got the car back last Tuesday. It runs at normal now. The ticking noise has disappeared, brakes are back to normal. Thank god this nightmare has ended. Had to wait for quite a while for the HPU to be delivered as it came directly from Korea. No wonder why the price was so low. I am going back and forth with Hyundai corporate to see if they can make this a recall but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Thanks for all your help on here and I encourage others to post up here and keep this thread going if they are having this issue.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Yes, got the car back last Tuesday. It runs at normal now. The ticking noise has disappeared, brakes are back to normal. Thank god this nightmare has ended. Had to wait for quite a while for the HPU to be delivered as it came directly from Korea. No wonder why the price was so low. I am going back and forth with Hyundai corporate to see if they can make this a recall but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Thanks for all your help on here and I encourage others to post up here and keep this thread going if they are having this issue.
Mind sharing how much this cost you in total?

·
Registered
2 Posts
To everyone on this forum that is wondering what to do. Follow my advice with this issue ,where you have the flashing brake light and the pedal goes to the floor with no brakes at all it is a failure of the Hydraulic pressure unit & fluid ( integrated sensor failure). The bad news is this part with labor's going to run you about $2,100. But if you're like me and refused to pay for a manufacturer's defect I recommend you open a complaint with the better Business bureau in Arizona that is linked to Hyundai corporate. it took me about a month but after arguing back and forth about the fact that this should have been under a recall Hyundai has agreed to pay for everything 100%. So there's a silver lining in this major issue. if you have this issue and can't identify it this is what you do. I've already solved it and filed the complaint through the better Business bureau and won. Good luck to all and hope it benefits someone.

P.S. if you have already paid for this issue out of pocket I would still recommend opening a better Business bureau complaint to request the amount that you spent back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2012 Sonata Hybrid, and I'm the original owner. 94,000 miles. I was pulling into a parking lot on 09/21/2019 when I had the same problem. Brake pedal went to the floor. Horrible grinding sound from all the wheels. Chiming. Hybrid System Warning. Check Brakes. Parked the car. Got out and looked all around. No leaks. Checked brake fluid level, and it was OK. Turned the car back on and no warnings. Backed car up and no grinding sound. We were out of town and 150 miles from home and nearly as far to the nearest dealer. No problems other than being as nervous as **** for the entire drive.

Called the dealer. Hybrid mechanic was in and near the phone. Sounded like he never encountered this problem before. Told me to check brake fluid. Turn car off and on. Already did all that. Took the car to a local brake shop. Check out for leaks etc. Checked computer for codes. Everything checked out. Reluctant to go to dealer which is 40 miles away because they'll just start replacing parts like master cylinder at $500 and the hydraulic power unit for $1500 plus labor ?. Who knows, the sky's the limit.

Like one of the previous post ... What do you do when you're driving down the highway on a steep hill at 75 MPH and the same thing happens???

I had the same issue bro read my comments that I put on here it is 2100 for everything and I contacted the better Business bureau out of Arizona and Hyundai corporate contacted me finally and has agreed to pay for this this should have fell under a recall because it fails without warning and could cause injury or death if you paid for this I would suggest you still file a better Business bureau complaint to get your money back every time that you paid for it they will reimburse you right now they are trying to dodge massive recall because of me. And that's why I'm here to help you out so if you received this message finds you in good faith and hopefully you can resolve your issue or get your money back

·
Registered
1 Posts
To everyone on this forum that is wondering what to do. Follow my advice with this issue ,where you have the flashing brake light and the pedal goes to the floor with no brakes at all it is a failure of the Hydraulic pressure unit & fluid ( integrated sensor failure). The bad news is this part with labor's going to run you about $2,100. But if you're like me and refused to pay for a manufacturer's defect I recommend you open a complaint with the better Business bureau in Arizona that is linked to Hyundai corporate. it took me about a month but after arguing back and forth about the fact that this should have been under a recall Hyundai has agreed to pay for everything 100%. So there's a silver lining in this major issue. if you have this issue and can't identify it this is what you do. I've already solved it and filed the complaint through the better Business bureau and won. Good luck to all and hope it benefits someone.

P.S. if you have already paid for this issue out of pocket I would still recommend opening a better Business bureau complaint to request the amount that you spent back.
Hello,
Could you please tell me what shop told you parts and labor will cost $2100?
I am trying to find out what part actually needs to be replaced.
have a 2013 Hyundai Sonata with same issue.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having the same problems . just filed my complaint so hopefully I’ll here something back ..Does anyone kno how long the process takes

101 - 106 of 106 Posts