Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 Accent (Automatic) has recently hit 50k and I believe is overdue for some new brake pads and perhaps rotors too. Stopping power is still good but I get squeaking when the brake pedal is NOT depressed. I hear this is a feature of the pads when they get too worn?

I am recently unemployed but working contract to contract on small projects so I am wondering what would be a good ballpark figure to expect for the cost of doing both pads and rotors so I can set aside the money and not be taken for a ride. Do I also just need to do the front or back as well?

I am normally handy with a number of things but having this be a safety feature I would rather not take the chance of doing it myself.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
It's probably $100 if you take it someplace, and $20 if you DIY. Consider learning how to do this, as it's a really basic and easy thing to replace pads.

·
Registered
546 Posts
QUOTE (jsinton @ Jun 18 2010, 02:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334227
It's probably $100 if you take it someplace, and $20 if you DIY. Consider learning how to do this, as it's a really basic and easy thing to replace pads.
That sounds about right if you only need pads. It will cost more if the rotors need to be replaced or turned, and they prolly will.

If you do the work yourself...you can get new pads and rotors for less than $100.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts