Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Azera limited
I’m looking to upgrade my braking system and can’t find any upgraded calipers unless I get a 6 or 8 piston kit I’m upgrading for looks so I don’t need a big brake kit but I also don’t want to just paint the stock calipers has anyone upgraded their braking system and if so where’d you find the kit ?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I guess this forum for Azeras has died
As I write this, your post had 213 views, so though this forum participation has dropped down since the Azera discontinuation in 2017, there is still some action. Over the years, there never had been much discussion about aftermarket Azera modifications beyond a grille, rear diffuser or speakers. I don't recall much, if any, discussion on changing brake components beyond aftermarket pads and rotors. That's probably why most forum members had nothing to say.

I sure you already know that with ABS and Stability Control, any time you change the characteristics of the brake system, whether it be pads, rotors and calipers, you can mis-match the characteristics of the brakes with the electronic components that control the brakes. Since you most likely will have to try universal fit calipers, the mis-match can be even greater. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've found you can get drilled/slotted or just slotted rotors for almost anything out there these days. Painting the calipers is an easy upgrade, just take your time, clean them up and use a good hi-heat paint. I usually take the pads out and cover the rotor with a plastic grocery bag and spray. Make sure its above 50 outside for best results. Brake pad choice carries a lot of impact on performance. Metallic pads last a long time but don't generate the best grip under heat. For a daily driver, the hybrid carbon fiber/ceramic pads work well. Hawk and CBC both make good sets. Rotors and pads alone make a huge difference in braking for street car. Big brake kits look sweet but are overkill on anything but a race machine or a car you take to the track regularly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts