Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Same here. Going in Monday to have brake switch replaced.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Been doing 110 recall since it came out in March I think... Hyundai is now expanding recall to include previous edition' 092 recall to do away with all the previous edition switch..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks for the info, I am in the recall according to the site supplied, Have not been contacted yet. I had 2 or 3 replaced due to esc off light illuminating. The last was done about 2 years back. Any idea if they redesigned the switch? I have noticed recently when I step on the brake I hear a loud click and feel the shifter vibrate when in drive.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
New style switch,, they replacing most of the previous 092 switches (expanded models/years).. Recall instructions in 3rd revision now..

Thump in console/shifter with pedal apply.. normal sound of shift lock solenoid activation when step on brake pedal.. thank some Audi goober and .GOV for that item some 30 yr ago..

·
Registered
654 Posts
I was getting my brake switch replaced about every 6 months on my 2010 Elantra Touring until I traded it in.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Brake switch recall...

Received mine on Friday, stopped by this past Monday to make appointment and they took it right in and did the work while I waited.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
We had the brake recall performed this Monday but my wife said that all the way home from work this morning the "ESC OFF" light came on and she couldn't turn it off using the ESC button. That has never happened before and I'm concerned it has something to do with the recall fix. It was the first cold night of the year and tonight will be much colder, single digits, so we'll see if it repeats.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Received mail from Hyundai NZ this week, booked my 2006 Sonata CRDI in next week for brake switch replacement.
Strange thing, I am able to select any gear (auto box) without having to press brake. Brake lights work fine. Wonder if this will cure that issue too!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
We had the brake recall performed this Monday but my wife said that all the way home from work this morning the "ESC OFF" light came on and she couldn't turn it off using the ESC button.
Sounds like the switch is bad or a bad connection to the switch. I had 3 replaced, I think and each time the esc off light came on and the button was useless.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Sounds like the switch is bad or a bad connection to the switch. I had 3 replaced, I think and each time the esc off light came on and the button was useless.
So far it has only happened one time and we are keeping an eye on it for the time being. I wonder if a code is thrown when the ESC OFF light comes on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
received mail from hyundai nz this week, booked my 2006 sonata crdi in next week for brake switch replacement.
Strange thing, i am able to select any gear (auto box) without having to press brake. Brake lights work fine. Wonder if this will cure that issue too!!
yes....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Get this done asap..... My wife's car would not shift without a screw driver, no cruse control, no door locks, and the night before the apt, NO BRAKE LIGHTS...

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
We had the brake recall performed this Monday but my wife said that all the way home from work this morning the "ESC OFF" light came on and she couldn't turn it off using the ESC button. That has never happened before and I'm concerned it has something to do with the recall fix. It was the first cold night of the year and tonight will be much colder, single digits, so we'll see if it repeats.
Well, the "ESC OFF" light came on several times over the last 3 months or so getting worse over time. So today I took it back into the dealer to have the brake switch replaced again! :( They said that it either had failed or was installed incorrectly. I was better off before this recall as I had no problems with the brake switch until it was replaced.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts