Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Sonata V6. Front brakes only squeal when applying them while in reverse. Happens all the time......cold/warm start, cool/hot weather, dry/humid air. Squeal is extremely loud. I have searched and found similar but nothing exactly like this. Pads and rotors are fairly new and I have removed them and reinstalled and regreased twice. Any suggestions? I am using ceramic pads and have never used them before. Is this common with them? Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Did you put the silicone silencer stuff on back of the pads? Guaranteed to eliminate the squeak. You can just use regular household silicone in a pinch. Just a little bit is all you need.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Jsinton,
In my household "silicone" comes in a caulking tube or a spray can or my x-wife....but I digress. My question is what is "regular household" silicone?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did put silencer stuff on the back of the pads. Same lube I've used for years. Have done many brake jobs and am at wits end on this one.

·
Registered
433 Posts
There is also a spray you can spray on your rotors and let it dry. I think it is called "De-Sqeak" or something like that. I believe CRC puts it out. I have not used it myself though.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Yeah, the only problem with the regular stuff it that it's not rated for high temp, but I've used it and never had a problem.

Never used ceramic pads, it shouldn't be any different though. The silicone should be enough to stop the noise.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (klsmith @ Sep 18 2010, 10:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357130
2006 Sonata V6. Front brakes only squeal when applying them while in reverse. Happens all the time......cold/warm start, cool/hot weather, dry/humid air. Squeal is extremely loud. I have searched and found similar but nothing exactly like this. Pads and rotors are fairly new and I have removed them and reinstalled and regreased twice. Any suggestions? I am using ceramic pads and have never used them before. Is this common with them? Thanks for any advice.
Did you just "pad slap" the thing, or did you give them new pads a new flat smooth friction surface to mate with ??

Did you take apart the mount brackets and remove the shims, clean the ruat off the mounting down to bare/clean metal and re-fit the shims for the pads to slide in

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts