Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is another model car with interchangeable size brake rotor with the MC? I am having a bit of difficulty finding Drilled & Slotted rotors, only dimpled and slotted. Perhaps an old Civic hatch would work, or something? I imagine that all you need is a 4 lug rotor that is 262.1 mm disc diameter.

Alternatively, if there is a website you know of which offers proper drilled/slotted for the MC, i'd appreciate a link.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking about going with E-Line as well-- good price and free shipping. Thinking of adding some Hawk HP pads.

My brakes pulse kind of funny and aren't in very good shape. The pads are worn and the i'm thinking the crummy rotors are warped as well. They need to be replaced quite soon-- I just use downshifting to decelerate.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
unfortunately Hawk still doesnt make any pads for the Accent. I want some HPS pads. im due for new pads/rotors soon too 95k miles on original brakes here. will probably just go with some napa blanks and whatever reasonbly priced ceramic pad I can get.
Oh bummer. I put some drilled/slotted rotors, Hawk HP Plus pads and stainless lines and the thing stops so well that it's actually a bit scary. Additionally, they squeal pretty bad-- which I actually like.

I wonder if there are any pads comparable to the HP Plus track pads, or maybe something one notch milder for the street.

350 Posts
lots of quality SS brake hose conversions are the result of a local race shop. You go there, get your hoses measured and they make them right there. You go back and pick them up later.

Also make certain you get "streetable" ones with a good plastic sheath over the steel braid. Straight up braided lines should only be for track use where they will be replaced much more frequently.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lots of quality SS brake hose conversions are the result of a local race shop. You go there, get your hoses measured and they make them right there. You go back and pick them up later.

Also make certain you get "streetable" ones with a good plastic sheath over the steel braid. Straight up braided lines should only be for track use where they will be replaced much more frequently.
Good advice, thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts