Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home last night, I got brake warning. It started as I was pulling out of a parking spot. I turned off the car, restarted and got no warning, so I started driving. Just in case, I started to video my drive. I got the warning again as I was pulling up to a stop light. When the alarm started, I had just stopped. When it happens my brake peddle drops to the floor. I also noticed my regenerative braking was not happening when I applied my brake. Normally the blue charging display gets bolder when the regenerative braking starts, but my car is no longer doing this. As pulled into my drive way it started again. I called the dealership today and explained. The first available time they could see me was Thursday, so the car is sitting until them and I am going to have to borrow a car. When it goes back, they are going to check out the brake problem, the rear control arm issue (they still have not received the parts from months ago), and again check the acceleration issue. I got the most recent update, but did not seem to make a difference after about two weeks. I told them the lag has been progressively worse.

I got two videos, but will need to find a way post. I could not get either to attach to this thread due to them not being the correct file type. They are MP4. Any suggestions on how to attach them?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Just leave it at dealer and let them deal with it..

Then post up the complaint, cause, repair off your receipt/invoice when the car returned to you in the exact working printed on the invoice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brakes Fixed

Just got the car back on Friday 1/10/14. Here is the write up on what they found and repaired. They said they could not duplicate the lag concern. It has had all the updates, but got no better. The tech said the hybrids do not drive like a normal car and a lag is expected. I do have to say, the lag was not always present, so I just think they are stumped. Brakes feel much better. No more grinding noise in the morning when I back out of the drive way. Rear control arms fixed as part of the recall.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 2012 Sonata Hybrid, and I'm the original owner. 94,000 miles. I was pulling into a parking lot on 09/21/2019 when I had the same problem. Brake pedal went to the floor. Horrible grinding sound from all the wheels. Chiming. Hybrid System Warning. Check Brakes. Parked the car. Got out and looked all around. No leaks. Checked brake fluid level, and it was OK. Turned the car back on and no warnings. Backed car up and no grinding sound. We were out of town and 150 miles from home and nearly as far to the nearest dealer. No problems other than being as nervous as **** for the entire drive.

Called the dealer. Hybrid mechanic was in and near the phone. Sounded like he never encountered this problem before. Told me to check brake fluid. Turn car off and on. Already did all that. Took the car to a local brake shop. Check out for leaks etc. Checked computer for codes. Everything checked out. Reluctant to go to dealer which is 40 miles away because they'll just start replacing parts which are over $1,000.

Like one of the previous post ... What do you do when you're driving down the highway on a steep hill at 75 MPH and the same thing happens???

I strongly encourage anyone reading this post who has a similar problem to file a complaint at https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

·
Registered
29 Posts
Brakes Fixed

Just got the car back on Friday 1/10/14. Here is the write up on what they found and repaired. They said they could not duplicate the lag concern. It has had all the updates, but got no better. The tech said the hybrids do not drive like a normal car and a lag is expected. I do have to say, the lag was not always present, so I just think they are stumped. Brakes feel much better. No more grinding noise in the morning when I back out of the drive way. Rear control arms fixed as part of the recall.
Each of these parts are about $1,200, and it doesn't make sense that they both failed. Lucky your car was under warranty.
58920-4R000 ABS Assembly
58620-4R001 Hydraulic Power Unit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts