Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed this recently (I think it was happening before, but never really took note of it). The brake pedal squeaked whenever I turn or just after the stop sign. It's not loud or anything, but you can hear it. I tried listening for it right after stopping at a stop sign and it's definitely there, so the squeak is not only when I'm turning.

I don't think it's the brakes, but it seems that the sound is coming from the brake pedal itself, but I'm not sure...

I was afraid that this might be a wheel bearing issue, or is this even possible? Or maybe I have to replace my brake fluid, rebleed everything? I read the other topic about the squeaking when turning, but I feel that this one's different, since this is on the brake pedal itself and not the brake system...

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I would try a quick shot of silicone spray to the hinge area of the break pedal to see if that stopped the squeak. Don't think it would do any harm and might help to determine cause, if not eliminate altogether, the brake pedal squeak. However make sure to spray just the hinge itself to avoid any issues with any electronics that might be in the area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts