Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Hyundai Elantra that I am having trouble with keeping a normal brake pedal. After I bleed the brake lines, mostly just the driver's side front after a few days it goes back to being soft again and I have to pump the pedal to give me a semi hard pedal again. I can sit in the driveway and pump the pedal it will go semi hard and then take my foot off and it goes soft again. This has been going on for a few months, getting worse. I would appreciate any help with this matter, I don't want to replace all the parts that I don't need. I already have all the rotors, brake pads, hardware to do all four brakes and just last summer I did a complete timing belt change with all the other belts also. maybe it's a master cylinder, caliper, air getting in somewhere, where do I start.................I would love some imput on this.....thank you very much....
:confused:

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Sounds like you're either getting air in the lines, or your master cylinder is toast. Bleeding is tricky, just a little air is bad.

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
where do I start
Look for leaks, very carefully....and check the fluid level in the reservoir. IF there really are not any leaks, even tiny ones, then I would suspect the master cylinder.

But that would be rather expensive and it might be cheaper to let a shop figure it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the fluid level has not decreased in the reservoir, it has stayed clean and full. I think I am going to go with a new master cylinder. I will check for leaks when I have the vehicle up on all fours to do a complete brake job. the car does have about 110,000 miles on it but very well maintained. I think i can get the master cylinder for about $150.00 with reservoir. thanks for the imput also guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts