Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Wow! I didn't mean to stir up so much shtuff!
According the to book, it's RR, LF, LR, RF. That's the pattern we followed, and got a bunch of air out if it. Took almost a whole quart, too.
Then we had to fix the auto-adjust on the left rear because it wasn't working right. All of the brakes would lock on a dirt road except that one.
The car is back on the road. The pedal still isn't as high as I would like, but I'm expecting it to come back up as the adjuster thghtens up on that wheel.

Thanks again to everyone for the advice. I'll be hanging around here for a long time!

Jack

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Hate to tell you....

If the brake pedal is STILL not up as high as it should be, it means there is still some air in the line. It's either right or wrong, no in betweens.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I don't understand how that can be. Is there any way for air to be introduced into the system? We were very careful not to let the master cylinder run dry. I guess we just keep running through a quart of brake fluid at a time until we get it right?

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
You said you did: RR, LF, LR, RF

I think the diagram shows: RR, LF, LR, RF. But the diagram is ambiguous because it either shows a RH drive car, or it show view from the bottom.

Keep us posted...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would probably not listen to most people on here. Every car definitely does NOT use the same bleed procedure. Yours is rear pass. Driver front, driver rear and then pass. Front. I am also triple master certified and do this everyday for a living.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts