Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ordered front brake rotors and pads, from online oem Hyundai parts store.

for sonata 2016 sport 2,4l 17in wheels, manual parking brake.
got parts
rotors 51712-4c000
pads 58101-c2a20

both do not fit , rotors too big, pads have different design on the backside, no holes for springs on edges.

since the car was already on the lift, with parts removed, when i found out, i ordered aftermarket parts, gave same info to the store. same story rotors were too big.
i had to put old parts back.
anyone else had this issue???

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
2,043 Posts
Ordered front brake rotors and pads, from online oem Hyundai parts store.

for sonata 2016 sport 2,4l 17in wheels, manual parking brake.
got parts
rotors 51712-4c000
pads 58101-c2a20

both do not fit , rotors too big, pads have different design on the backside, no holes for springs on edges.

since the car was already on the lift, with parts removed, when i found out, i ordered aftermarket parts, gave same info to the store. same story rotors were too big.
i had to put old parts back.
anyone else had this issue???
I see you have a 2016 "Sport" 2.4.
The larger rotors and different pads are for the Sport 2.0T. I believe your car uses the same size brake parts as all of the other Sonata models excluding the 2.0T Sport and Ultimate. Ill bet your parts store is selecting the wrong "Sport". Just order for a 2016 SEL or whatever the lower model was and you should be good

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yes i thought it could be for turbo, but i clearly specified sport 2,4l, turbos are 2,0l , aso i specified 17 inch wheels sport turbos iirc are not available with 17in only 18.

but the site was not alone to screw things up, auto parts store did same, i'm thinking i may have transition model, i had that before, some parts i ordered did not fit, parts form previous year did,

still if 2 different parts were used during one model year, oem parts supplier should know it.

if the site gives me problem replacing parts, i'd put it up for sale here, in classified section, will take some loss on it, but it's ok.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i went on few more parts sites that sell hyundai oem parts, some of them were dealer sites, and all show the same part number listed as correct one for 17in wheels, yet it is not. very strange.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
You would think brakes parts are the same. I always bring the rotors and pads... check them before leaving. They can change part during certain vin numbers, different slight model makes or they just happen to have these parts in stock when it was on the assembly line.

One of the hazards of on-line ordering. You would figure the OEM site would know all these quarks.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
In shop, parts is looked up using VIN to ID chassis and parts applicable to VIN

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In shop, parts is looked up using VIN to ID chassis and parts applicable to VIN
i used vin as well on this site, (not the site i bought parts from) shows the same thing.

https://www.hyundaioemparts.com/aut...4l-l4-gas-engine/brakes-cat/front-brakes-scat

same part number for 17 in wheels.

i know they do go by vin, but it would cost me about $600 in the shop. (2 rotors, pads, labor, taxes) i paid for all parts $227, i do most of the work myself, except body\warranty work\recalls.

i just noticed, the diagram does not show 2 springs i have between brake pads. that is definitely strange.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
You would think brakes parts are the same. I always bring the rotors and pads... check them before leaving. They can change part during certain vin numbers, different slight model makes or they just happen to have these parts in stock when it was on the assembly line.

One of the hazards of on-line ordering. You would figure the OEM site would know all these quarks.
that is what i think happened, transition year. had this issue before with my car, and customers cars when worked in a shop.

they are usually good, and half as expensive for same parts. rarely such things happen with oem supliers.

this is one of those times

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
issue resolved.

i went to auto parts store, gave the guy my vin, and he almost sold me same wrong parts, but then he noticed a flag on his computer, some of the cars like mine were build using parts for 16in wheels, not 17, even thou the wheels on mine were 17" from the factory. the correct rotors for my car 305mm, not 320mm.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Indeed. I am sorry it was such a headache for you, but thank you sharing the info and hopefully helping someone else to avoid the pitfall.

·
Registered
1 Posts
issue resolved.

i went to auto parts store, gave the guy my vin, and he almost sold me same wrong parts, but then he noticed a flag on his computer, some of the cars like mine were build using parts for 16in wheels, not 17, even thou the wheels on mine were 17" from the factory. the correct rotors for my car 305mm, not 320mm.
Same here fixed.....

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
8,846 Posts
LOL Hyundai said the early Gen Coupe had 17 and 18 inch wheels instead of 18 and 19 inch. It shows up in all the repair manuals and most online parts.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Good afternoon looking at Prodemand. brake pads for 2016 Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.4 58101-D4A20. brake Rotors for 17inch rims from 04/17/2017 and up is 51712-4C000.

I check for 2015 parts, front brake pads 58101-C2A20 rotors 51712-4C000

The rotors should work but the pads needs to be changed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts