Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my Elantra GT is 5 yrs old. Can anyone tell me what would be a good price
estimate for the brake pads and rotors to have them replaced with good quality parts not at the dealership. materials and labour. thanks. I am located in southern Ontario.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,597 Posts
Good pads go from 28 to 80 for front set
Rotors go from 35 to 100 for front each
Service is 130 per hour
And front brake service can be about one to one and a half hours

·
Registered
524 Posts
Unless you have warped rotors, all you need are new pads if they are worn to the service limit. Do visual inspection first of the pads. If your brake fluid reservoir is mid to low level, you probably need new pads.

·
Registered
896 Posts
$350 US is what I paid for my rotors and pads.... from a company in California delivered to a US Address mailbox in Buffalo.

My son bought economy rotors and pads from a eBay seller located in Toronto for his Nissan Rogue (SUV) for $138 CDN (very cheap). He likes how they perform so far (1 month installed).
A fellow EGT owner in Bolton bought from the same vendor... he recommended them to me for my sons vehicle... his have been installed several months.
MaxBrakes.com... If interested, you can call them direct and buy direct in CDN funds like my son did. They shipped in 2 days. They sell different levels of quality, though I think the rotors are similar, just treated different with coatings and drilling options.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unless you have warped rotors, all you need are new pads if they are worn to the service limit. Do visual inspection first of the pads. If your brake fluid reservoir is mid to low level, you probably need new pads.

my brakes seem to be working as usual so I don't believe I have warped rotors.
I think I read in my manual that when the brakes start to emit a sound then you'll know it is time to have them serviced. I will give the brake fluid reservoir a check to see the level. thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$350 US is what I paid for my rotors and pads.... from a company in California delivered to a US Address mailbox in Buffalo.

My son bought economy rotors and pads from a eBay seller located in Toronto for his Nissan Rogue (SUV) for $138 CDN (very cheap). He likes how they perform so far (1 month installed).
A fellow EGT owner in Bolton bought from the same vendor... he recommended them to me for my sons vehicle... his have been installed several months.
MaxBrakes.com... If interested, you can call them direct and buy direct in CDN funds like my son did. They shipped in 2 days. They sell different levels of quality, though I think the rotors are similar, just treated different with coatings and drilling options.

ok cool, i'll take a look at the website. did u change the rotors on your
GT and why did u feel that was necessary? thanks.

·
Registered
896 Posts
ok cool, i'll take a look at the website. did u change the rotors on your
GT and why did u feel that was necessary? thanks.
I am still on the original brakes.
But when I replace them with the parts I already bought, it will be rotors and pads and done by a licensed mechanic.
Just the right way IMO.

I'd change pads only if I was saving money and the rotors were in excellent shape and it was a temporary replacement... not for the life of pads.
I have done that in my youth when funds were short and my car was transportation only.... with a manual resurfacing of the rotors off the car (sanding and filing edges)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts