Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 Hyundai Santa fe 3.5 I was curious if getting ceramic pads as well as rotors from eBay vs autozone although autozone seems to now scrutinizing them more on return for defect not so much on replacement when It came time to do another brake job for their free replacement. Autozone wants 35.99 ceramic pads and eBay ranges 18.99 to 27.99 it doesn't appear to have hardware for either. Are ceramic a better pad??
Ebay...Complete Set of Front and Rear Premium Brake Pads with Lifetime Warranty (Fits: 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe) 27.70

Is it worth buying online or just from your local store? I will have this car another2 -3yrs at most.

NEW PREMIUM COMPLETE SET OF FRONT CERAMIC DISC BRAKE PADS WITH SHIMS (Fits: 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe) 18.99

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've bought many car parts from ebay and have not had any problems , if the pads are ceramic and it's a direct fit I'd go for it. I always try to find OEM in the description of the part , usually it's a little bit more expensive but still saveings compared to parts stores.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't buy much from the local stores anymore. Typically fluids, odds & ends, and anything that I can't wait a few days for. I feel like you can get better quality for less money via online sellers.

The majority of my parts come from RockAuto or Amazon these days. I have bought parts through eBay in the past with no issue. Personally, I prefer RockAuto as I have had nothing but great experiences with them when buying or returning.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ebay vs Autozone

I have bought from both of those places. Never been satisfied with the stuff autozone sells. I've bought a lot of parts from rockauto.com.They normally have OEM parts and the prices are pretty good. I think my last set of ceramics from rock were only about 20-25 bucks. I did go to auto zone for the retainer clips, gotta give the brick and mortar stores a little business or else they will disappear. Then where would we take our used oil?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts