Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughters '06 Elantra is having problems with the break lights. They remain on even when the car is turned off.

I have changes the brake switch.

I have checked the fuses.

I have checked the brake fluid.

Any ideas or suggestions? Please help!

Thanks

·
Registered
882 Posts
There's a brake light switch recall from Hyundai, covers almost all models from 2005-2007. Just go to Hyundai dealer

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,952 Posts
Try disconnecting the brake light switch and see if that puts them out. If so, the switch is faulty. If not, the brake light circuit has a short circuit to a battery supply somewhere.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Maybe the plunger pad on "brake" pedal missing

"Break" = broken / fractured

Reactions: AUTOSPARK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try disconnecting the brake light switch and see if that puts them out. If so, the switch is faulty. If not, the brake light circuit has a short circuit to a battery supply somewhere.
It does turn off when I disconnect the brake light switch. I replaced the switch but had the same problem. Does that mean that the switch I put in is also fault?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe the plunger pad on "brake" pedal missing

"Break" = broken / fractured
The plunger on the "brake" pad is working to connect and push the "brake" switch as it should. So as far as I can tell, there isn't a problem with the plunger part of the "brake" pedal.

btw, thanks for correcting or pointing out the difference of my honest typo on "break" and "brake". Just trying to post and do other things at the same time, wasn't really paying attention.

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
8,844 Posts
Isn't there some way to adjust the pedal and switch?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Can you physically push the switch to turn the lights off? Like you were to check if the switch works when pulled from the holder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts