Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 accent. I’m not getting any brake fluid to the left front brake caliper. Caliper isn’t froze up. The flex line is clear of debris and the bleeder is clear. All other brakes are good. Reservoir is also full. With everything disconnected, I push on the pedal and no fluid comes out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Remove,crack open line from master cylinder and see if any fluid comes our when pedal pushed.
If so, remove the flex line from the metal line and check? If not, blockage in m.c.
Have you done any work on the brake system?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Fluid comes from master cylinder. No blockage in the flex line, already checked the line. I cracked the line at the abs and fluid came from the line also.
Crack bleeder and let the fluid gravity bleed out. If fluid drips out caliper over acouple hrs replace flex line. If it's dry even after a gravity bleed suggest problem further up. Lines usually don't clog as it's a sealed system.

Symptom of a bad flex line is sticking brake that will overheat as the caliper cannot return to its normal position because flex hose is collapsed under pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts