Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 03 Santa Fe that has front brake calipers that are sticking. I've replaced both calipers,hoses,and master cylinder twice and still have the same problem. It's an intermittent problem. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,597 Posts
Do you have drums in the rear?
If you do then you might have a proportioning valve
It can be a suspect component
Need further testing to check if it is faulty

·
Registered
2014 SFS 2.4l
422 Posts
Are you using OEM pads and hardware or quality after market? Assuming reman brake calipers.

Before installing calipers, take out the guide pins and make sure they are clean and lubricated. There are times the reman stuff has a ton of debris or no lube. Sounds like you’ve done it a bunch of times now so you’re also checking that pads move freely after install... right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've looked at the pins and pad hardware for binding and lubed all areas. The rotors and pads are oem quality.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Moved these posts to Santa Fe SM (2001-06) forum for better response
Dear member Shaggy6832 . Welcome to the forum, please fill in your profile, location, model, year, trim etc.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,597 Posts
I own a 03 Santa Fe that has front brake calipers that are sticking. I've replaced both calipers,hoses,and master cylinder twice and still have the same problem. It's an intermittent problem. Any ideas?
What's left?
Brake booster and the lines going to the brake hoses and calipers??
Is the brake fluid clean and clear??

I would try bleeding the brake system on the calipers that get stuck??

·
Registered
10 Posts
What do you mean by intermittent? Once ever 3 weeks or every 4-5 pushes on the peddle?

How do you know the caliper is sticking? Brake not release? Are all pads wearing evenly?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Intermittent is doing it every other day or every day. Rotor is actually glowing red and you can smell the pads burning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts