Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car: 2007 Santa Fe
2.7 L, 2 wheel drive

I am trying to flush the brake fluid and would rather suck the old fluid out the the reservouir than push it through the system... Can't seem to remove the mesh screen under the reservoir cap. On other cars I have worked on, I have seen a push and twist locking system to remove them but this one seems "built in."

Am I missing something obvious regarding how to remove it?

·
3,861 Posts
:00000732:

Good question, I never really looked at mine. I have done exactly what you are trying to do on some of my other cars. I'll have to take a look at mine.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
The red screen thing will come out with a bit of effort, but you wont get in and get all the old oil out..

Best is to just open bleed screw and have assistant work the pedal while you use your finger as a 1-way valve over the bleed screw... pump it out till almost to bottom, but still leave some oil, you do not want to hit air..

Go to opposite side and do same thing till oil drops almost to bottom.. now refill 1/2 way with fresh oil and chase what is left out of resevoir.. refill to top and finish running out at all 4 corners.

I have a home made pressure cap for resevoir, so i just pressurize and open bleed screws 1 at a time till clear/clean oil come out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I might not try to mess with it. Fluid is not that old compared to some cars that never get flushed... I will probably push it through... This is my girlfriends car. On mine I use the pressure (thru the res cap) method with the motive power bleeder.. Sounds like a similar thing you are doing. I will probably break down and buy a $30 adapter from them for her car... I like the way the motive system works.

What PSI do you pump up to, or are you truely home made...?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Home made from comercial parts..

I run no more than 15-20 PSI tops.

I had a WYNNS aluminum cap that directly replaced the Hyundai cap, plumbed with rubber hose to air line fitting, then I use a small regulator from an under coating gun that has adjustment with a gauge..

We lost the WYNNS machine (I never used it).. I now have universal cover from NAPA tank type pressure bleeder set up so I just plug in regulator at set pressure and open the bleed screws and watch the fluid stream out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice. Once you experience that you never go back to the pedal pumping. I used a small item that works same way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts