Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some 17's and they didnt come with lugnuts. i kno i need ball seat lug nuts and they have to be skinny ones, heres my question any one kno what the specs are for our wheel studs? Pitch?width?

·
Registered
157 Posts
QUOTE (accent51887 @ Jun 21 2010, 01:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334964
I just bought some 17's and they didnt come with lugnuts. i kno i need ball seat lug nuts and they have to be skinny ones, heres my question any one kno what the specs are for our wheel studs? Pitch?width?
no but u can get that info from pretty much any part store ..... but i suggest u find something a lil stronger because i have replace 6 of them .... got pic's of the rims ???

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Ball seats? I though wheels that needed tuner lug nuts were always conical. Only german cars have ball seat wheels AFAIK. You might wanna double check that. Ball seat nuts on conical seats will come loose and damage the seat. And vice versa.

Studs are 12x1.5. I found conical tuner lug nuts for 1.20$ each locally. Cheaper than online.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i will post pics when i finish them ( they are in horrible shape so im gonna sand blast them and paint them). k thanks for the responses im gonna go to the parts store today and get some. i was not happy when the guy told me the didnt come with them... but for 75$ i really didnt expect them too haha...it was pretty much a steal other than sanding and painting them but i want mine to be custom and unique.

·
Registered
384 Posts
OE Honda lug nuts will work. Ball seat, correct threads, I just picked up a set at CarQuest when installed my Civic HX wheels.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually i just picked up a set at the auto store for 30$ and it comes with locking lugs too..pretty sweet deal..im off to start sanding them down so i can start painting them.. which color(s) do u think would look good. i have an 09 ebony black accent gs...the rims have a little lip on them so im gonna polish that to bring back most of the shine the lip has but i was thinking either matte black or gloss for the rims themselves... il post picks of these beat up rims in a few..opinions welcome!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts