Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We pick up our 2013 Azera today. We shopped hard focused on 6 cars and 3 companies.

The Azera was a last minute pick by my wife looking at Hyundia's web site.

It was a hands down choice with the Azera winning,

Will post some pics once we get it home.

The Shawnee Mission Hyundia dealer has so far been great to work with.

First new car for us in 14 years.

Smoked gray exterior, black interior and tech package.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Welcome to the owner's club! I've had mine since February, and it's a great car!

·
Registered
3 Posts
We bought our Azera 12 months ago and so far no problems. Several of our friends own a Lexus and the Azera for the price and options win hands down. One of our Lexus friends have said that their next vehicle will be an Azera. Another Lexus friend paid in excess of 75 K and I must say that they paid for the name only when compared to the ride and options of the Azera. Great car at a good price.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone, we picked it up late yesterday and love the tech package. The dealership let us take a base model home for the weekend so we had a good feel for the cars electronics but the tech package is another whole story.

I read somewhere here the Azera was the worlds best kept secret. I think they were right.

Has to be the highest value car out there.

Anyway, I now have another forum to visit and keep up on what is going on.

My wife and I are in our late 50s and my wife is technology challenged but she has already mastered how to use the systems. That speaks volumes on how well Hyundia integrating everything.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Welcome to the forum thsmith. Here's hoping you'll enjoy your new car for years to come. The Azera forum doesn't have the traffic of a lot of the more popular cars, but we have some nice folks here; knowledgeable and helpful.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Just my own .02.....walking today out of the store, through the parking lot, I look at all the cars along the way back to mine like I usually do. Standing out from the others, I spot the tail end of a sharp looking black sedan. Wow I say to myself. That's a really nice Accord. I get closer and see what a very nice styled car this is. It's an Azera. That car just grabbed my eyes from afar. Congratulations to you owners. I'm jealous.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to the forum thsmith. Here's hoping you'll enjoy your new car for years to come. The Azera forum doesn't have the traffic of a lot of the more popular cars, but we have some nice folks here; knowledgeable and helpful.
It’s about quality not quantity, humm, I guess that applies to the Azera as well. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I felt the same way, but found a plate I like and it looks pretty good on the car. It also gave me an idea for making some half size plates that I can switch out using velcro and now have a winter project to keep me entertained. I'd post some pictures, but it never works for me when I've tried to, I think it has to do with their size.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I felt the same way, but found a plate I like and it looks pretty good on the car. It also gave me an idea for making some half size plates that I can switch out using velcro and now have a winter project to keep me entertained. I'd post some pictures, but it never works for me when I've tried to, I think it has to do with their size.
Yeah there is a size limit, maybe 250k. Would be interested to see what plate you used and idea for half plate.

Knowing my wife she will put a Cowboys plate on there.

·
Registered
550 Posts
In Ohio we need to put a front license plate on and that is what the dealer did after I bought the car. I would love to put a Cowboys plate on my car but the way they have been playing and living in Cincinnati my car would be egged for sure.

·
Registered
79 Posts
For the half plate, I measured the mount and went to a hardware store got them to cut some plexiglass to size and plan to double back velcro that to the mount. Found pictures/designs that appeal to me, copied them, sent them through paint program and word to size them. Put them a a flash drive and took them to the local copy shop, got nice quality pictures with lamination made and will attach them to the plexiglass, when I tire of that plate... easy switch. They won't copy anything with a team logo on it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For the half plate, I measured the mount and went to a hardware store got them to cut some plexiglass to size and plan to double back velcro that to the mount. Found pictures/designs that appeal to me, copied them, sent them through paint program and word to size them. Put them a a flash drive and took them to the local copy shop, got nice quality pictures with lamination made and will attach them to the plexiglass, when I tire of that plate... easy switch. They won't copy anything with a team logo on it.
SOunds like a potential business plan. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts