Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally pulled the trigger on a new 2013 Hyundai Elantra GL in Indigo Blue. B) I am happy with the price paid but then did a really really dumb thing and got an 8 year warrenty AND rust proofed "apparently the finance woman told me if anything rusts on the car I can bring it in and will be repaired under no cost of my own" True? Even after reading all of the posts online about not to get these things I still somehow felt like they would be valuable to me sometime down the line of owning this car. Doh :rolleyes:

Other than that I'm very happy to own a new car and I am picking it up next week! :D

·
22,793 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to economical happiness!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger on a new 2013 Hyundai Elantra GL in Indigo Blue. B) I am happy with the price paid but then did a really really dumb thing and got an 8 year warrenty AND rust proofed "apparently the finance woman told me if anything rusts on the car I can bring it in and will be repaired under no cost of my own" True? Even after reading all of the posts online about not to get these things I still somehow felt like they would be valuable to me sometime down the line of owning this car. Doh :rolleyes:

Other than that I'm very happy to own a new car and I am picking it up next week! :D
Congrats but why did'nt you wait and get a 2014, and how did you manage to get a 8 year warranty btw? :unsure:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats but why did'nt you wait and get a 2014, and how did you manage to get a 8 year warranty btw? :unsure:
Rich- Thanks!!

They were offering an 8 year warranty? It cost me a bundle but that's what they had. I think it's like an extra $20 or so a month over the course of my financing. The reason I didn't wait for the 2014 was because I needed a new car for my new job that starts in a month. I wasn't sure when the 2014's are coming out so I decided to get a car now.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome. I'm just curious on why you would purchase an 8 year warranty when the car has a 5 year bumper to bumper, and 10 years power train warranty? The car would not rust unless it is exposed to constant salt moisture. I wouldn't even think about any additional warranties as they are ways to recoup, or to generate additional revenues for the dealership. IMO, they are not worth it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome. I'm just curious on why you would purchase an 8 year warranty when the car has a 5 year bumper to bumper, and 10 years power train warranty? The car would not rust unless it is exposed to constant salt moisture. I wouldn't even think about any additional warranties as they are ways to recoup, or to generate additional revenues for the dealership. IMO, they are not worth it.
In Canada the power train warranty is only 5 years. There is a TON of salt used where I live every year. It is my understanding that a lot of the electronics and such is only covered for three years.. "Now they will be covered for 8" I'm not saying that I did the smart thing in getting this warranty but I do plan on keeping this car for 8+ years so maybe it makes sense lol..

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
New ride...

Congratulations on your new ride! There is a wealth of information available within these forums.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Congrats! Nothing like a new car smell.

·
Registered
51 Posts
In Canada the power train warranty is only 5 years. There is a TON of salt used where I live every year. It is my understanding that a lot of the electronics and such is only covered for three years.. "Now they will be covered for 8" I'm not saying that I did the smart thing in getting this warranty but I do plan on keeping this car for 8+ years so maybe it makes sense lol..
Ah, I see. Canada has a different warranty coverage. Haha..., yeah, you definitely need the additional warranty. Enjoy your new Elantra!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts