Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I live in Las Vegas, NV, I went to a local dealer to check out a Tucson Hybrid listed, it was already gone, so I was looking around the showroom, saw a 2022 SF, thought it was nicer than expected and cargo space is great with those bins, so I asked for a test drive.
Sales guy got me a 2023 (bought it), so I checked it out good, it was even better than the 2022, it had Nav and adjustable tailgate, which I needed for my garage and for myself (I'm 5'7").
2.5L was decent enough, and when I put it in Sports mode, it was very responsive, so I liked the new 2.5L, which is GDI and MPI, and the trans is not DCT, so I should have no issues in the future. MPG is not great, but I can live with that for now, and I might go full EV in 5-7 years when solid state batteries are the norm.
All the dealers here have add-ons, desert protection package (tint, PPF...), plus 2 x $600 for some other B.S. like vin etching...
The 2023 I was driving was one they had just gotten 2 days prior, so they didn't have time to do anything to it, so I told them I would buy it as-is, since I wanted to get the window tint at my tint guy and go 20%, since all they put on their cars was 30%, he said no at first saying they have to, so I said: "no you don't, there is no law that says you have to add all that stuff, it's you guys that choose to do that, can you ask your manager if I can buy it as-is, MSRP, with the $500 military discount?, so long story short, manager said OK and I bought the car MSRP - $500 military discount, and - $750 discount, since I was financing through Hyundai, so with tax and a Doc fee of $599 and cargo mats, net and tray = OTD= $37,976.40
I sold my 2015 Chrysler 200 (C, V6) to Carvana for $11,201 and I already made a $10k payment toward my SF loan, now I will try to have it paid off in 2 years or so.
Car had 4 miles on it when I bought it, it has now about 850, I will change the oil myself at 1k

I got the windows tinted on Nov 8, with the good stuff, XPEL XR Plus ceramic, cost me $650 (all windows plus strip).
I bought a tint meter to check the tint on my car before and after:
I went with 20% two front windows and 15% rear

Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Speedometer Odometer Vehicle Car Tachometer

Pics are without tint, I will take more pics soon.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BTW: when I got home after buying the car, I checked everything, and there still was rubber bands/plastic in a lot of places (headrest, seat belts, under seats...), and windshield washer tank was almost empty, I put a whole gallon in there.
Then in the evening, I went out to check the headlights, right side was way higher than the left side, and after adjusting it and driving around some more, both were still too high, so I had to lower them both.
New doesn't mean perfect, always check everything.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Digital key question, anyone using it/issues?

I tried to install it, followed the directions and when I put it in the wireless charging tray, my phone started going crazy, every app was opening and closing, looked like it was being hacked by North Korea, so I got it out of there, tried again, same thing, is that normal?
I decided to not use it, don't need it anyway, I can unlock the car with my phone, I tried it with Bluelink and it worked 100%, I tried remote start, lock, unlock and it always worked, so I deleted the Digital key app and I turned off wireless charging, which my phone doesn't do anyway.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I didn't have any issues activating a key card, but I turned off wireless charging the day I bought the SUV (it's crap). So try it again with wireless charging off. You need both fobs, by the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts