Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm Eyeflyistheeye, been a 15 year veteran of automotive forums, starting with the Subaru community (NASIOC), FocusFanatics, TTAC and I'm now here.

I got a 2011 Sonata GLS last month, and have replaced the valve cover, the dashboard and currently have the touchscreen from a 2014 Sonata installed in it along with the auto light sensor. I want to try the 2014 HVAC as well. Thanks for having me and I hope to share more about my adventures with my Sonata!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome welcome, how long did it take you to change the dash?

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk
Thank you!

It took about 1 hour to remove the old dash, and 3 to put it back in, but I was working slowly and carefully. Only issue is I have a camel interior with a Cocoa Black dash (black with a tinge of brown, like chocolate), and I took an Oceanic Black dash (just flat black) from the donor car which had a grey interior. It's a little off but not so much as to be noticeable unless you look closely.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thank you!

It took about 1 hour to remove the old dash, and 3 to put it back in, but I was working slowly and carefully. Only issue is I have a camel interior with a Cocoa Black dash (black with a tinge of brown, like chocolate), and I took an Oceanic Black dash (just flat black) from the donor car which had a grey interior. It's a little off but not so much as to be noticeable unless you look closely.

That's great info, thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mine is cracked in two places so I'll have to change it this coming up year

1 - 5 of 5 Posts