Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was washing my car (GLS version) and when I got to the bottom of the car I noticed the trim at the bottom was bumpy/rough. I assume it is supposed to be like this? (4 weeks new).

On a side note looks like some moron who could not control their door slammed it into my car so now I have a dent in the door the size of the end of my finger.

·
Registered
893 Posts
So I was washing my car (GLS version) and when I got to the bottom of the car I noticed the trim at the bottom was bumpy/rough. I assume it is supposed to be like this? (4 weeks new).
Yes, this area is specially-painted to be more resistant to stone chipping.

- Mark

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I believe the bottom of the rocker panels are rough because they have some sort of chip protection. As they get a lot of road debris they would chip easily with regular paint and that would rust in the first couple of years !

markjenn beat me by seconds on that!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. I thought it was normal when I looked at it... but knowing my luck..

When I picked up a car there was a scratch on the windshield they said they were going to replace it (call me when the windshield came in).

Still waiting... they claim it is on back order.

Also another quick question instead of making a new thread.
One nut on each of my tired is a locked nut I believe. How am I supposed remove it ? (are they leaving it up to me to buy something so I can remove it when I Want?)

·
Registered
84 Posts
One nut on each of my tired is a locked nut I believe. How am I supposed remove it ? (are they leaving it up to me to buy something so I can remove it when I Want?)
These sets are supposed to come with a key (or socket matching the pattern of the locknut). I would check your glove box and if it isn't in there the dealer who sold you the car should have given you the key.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mine was on top of the spare tire, since it's a GT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts