Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was driving the car yesterday and both key fobs stopped working and the clock/temp display doesn't even light up. The trunk button doesn't open the trunk either. I have no idea if it's all a connected problem or not. Also, the display in the center of the instrument panel reverts back to Trip A when you start the car, which it's never done before. Has anyone else had this happen?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Not sure about the fobs, but when fuses go, you might want to check the others while in there. Check fuses on dash and engine bay. Could be fuse or a bad ground somewhere. Hopefully not computer issue, those get expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wife was driving the car yesterday and both key fobs stopped working and the clock/temp display doesn't even light up. The trunk button doesn't open the trunk either. I have no idea if it's all a connected problem or not. Also, the display in the center of the instrument panel reverts back to Trip A when you start the car, which it's never done before. Has anyone else had this happen?
I had the same problem.

Hello From the Dominican Republic. I have a Hyundai Sonata 2011 Limited. Since a month ago my car stopped detecting my fob key. Couldn't start my car without inserting the key inside the console, doors and trunk buttons were not responding either. What was kind of weird was that I still able to open and close the doors using the remote.

Sometimes in the early morning when I was ready to head to my job my car could detect the key and start the engine, but it was only one shot. For the rest of the day I had to insert the key in the console in order to start the car. I changed the fob's battery about 4 times I did not work at all. I took the car to the dealer to buy and program a new fob key, and they did so. They programmed a new key and the same problem was still happening, only detecting the key when it was inside the console.

Days later, I took the car to dealer again to see if sensors and antennas were fine. They disassembled the car and tested each antenna and all of them were just fine. At that point I was frustrated and worrying about the car's main computer. The dealer's technicians said that the fuse box inside the car was damaged and I had to buy a new one.

Well, it happens that today when I wanted to head to my job the car's battery was dead. I bought a brand new LHT battery and brought the store's technician to my house to check my car's energy generation. Generation was good and we installed the new car's battery and BOOOOOOOM KEY DETECTED! I tested the door buttons and they are working great. I turned on and off the car about 6 o 7 times today and key was detected 100%.

So, go to the store and test a brand new battery for your vehicle. If key is detected buy the battery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks like the memory fuse went. check Driver side dash fuse box. It will be the fuses with the plastic ring clip around them.
I hate to bump a 2 year old post and this will most likely be my only post ever but I really appreciate this reply. I had a very similar issue and could not figure out what was going on. Thanks to your post I was able to go to the auto parts store, buy a $2 fuse and now everything works perfectly again. Thanks so much.
Also, thanks for OP for asking this since I would not have found out what's wrong if google didn't point me in the right direction via the question posed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
GratefulForThisPost
Hyundai Forums
Hyundai Forum is a community for all Hyundai Owners to talk and learn all about their favorite subject: Hyundai cars from the Sonata to the Elantra and even the new Kona!
Full Forum Listing