Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first the one, I the one I have always used wouldn't work on the push button door only. Then it wouldn't start the car without being inserted, so I went and got my spare. Both of them won't open the door (I was locked) of my car. The key wouldn't work for some other reason, it just did not go in all the way. And the hole looked bent.

At any rate, after I could not get in the car, I do not want to risk it not starting or just quit running on me. Any advise?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Have you replaced the batteries in the fobs? I just replaced one yesterday on the Sonata's fob and it's working like new.

·
Registered
456 Posts
What year and model? My 2016 has a small silver button on the fob. Push it and the top comes off to release a key inside that can be used to open the driver's side door or the trunk. The trunk keyhole is hard to see because you have to get down and look up. You also should use it or lubricate it occasionally because it can get gunked up and not turn when you need it to.

If the fob is dead I can place mine against the start button and use it to push the button. It must have an RFID chip in it as a backup or something similar.

The car will not quit running because of a fob. Once it's running it will stay running until you shut it off.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
"If the fob is dead I can place mine against the start button and use it to push the button. It must have an RFID chip in it as a backup or something similar."

I would think it's an earlier model based on him saying that the fob has to be inserted. My 2011 has a port in the center console that you physically have to place the fob into in the event the battery in it dies. My Odyssey van is like yours where I would just need to place the fob against the button too. My son uses the car mostly these days and recently told me his fob wasn't working so great, so I just put in a fresh battery and it's like new again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts