Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having headlight issues with my 2008 Hyndai Accent. If you turn the headlights on, neither work, but the high beams work by pulling the turn signal mutli switch towards me.

I've tried replacing both headlight bulbs and both fuses in the interior fuse box for left and right side but still no go.

Going through the motions I understand that the next thing to check would be the headlight relay, but can find no such thing in any documentation. I'm unsure on what to do next. Any advice?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Might be a relay problem. Find the headlight relay and if you can find another the same swap them over. There should be a location diagram in the lid of the fuse/relay cover.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,860 Posts
So the high beam works when you pull the stalk back but not when you push it forwards? If that's the case I'm pretty sure you'll have a faulty headlamp switch.

I'm having that Déjà vu feeling. I seem to remember explaining how to diagnose this circuit a while back. Let me see if I can find the thread...watch this space :)

·
Registered
15,860 Posts
WOW...that was much easier than I was expecting. The forum's new advanced search actually works....MC Accent Headlamp Failure

Unfortunately the wiring diagram that was posted on that thread has been removed by Photobucket, but you should try the bypass test I suggest in post #6 and see if that makes your headlamps work again. If so I think you need to replace the stalk switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW...that was much easier than I was expecting. The forum's new advanced search actually works....MC Accent Headlamp Failure

Unfortunately the wiring diagram that was posted on that thread has been removed by Photobucket, but you should try the bypass test I suggest in post #6 and see if that makes your headlamps work again. If so I think you need to replace the stalk switch.
That problem sounds eerily similar to mine, thanks for digging that up and so quickly! Now I just have to figure out how to ground that wire. DIY car repair does have it's learning curve :)

Would something like this be used to ground a car wire?

·
Registered
15,860 Posts
Would something like this be used to ground a car wire?
No, that's a bit OTT for a simple bypass test.
Do you own a multimeter? You could use the Amp meter in a multimeter to do the bypass test. If you don't own one you should pop into your local hardware store and buy one. It won't cost much more than that ground strap but is much more useful....Walmart $8 Multimeter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts