Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember one bulb being replaced long ago, don't know about the other. Tonight the mailbox looked dim when I pulled up to it. I think it was fine Friday night, didn't drive at night during the week-end. Tonight I drove home across a bridge, maybe enough traffic and street lights because the highway didn't look dark.

So, both lights at the same time? That really concerns me. Do fuses really blow? It's too dark for me to look at it now. I don't think I ever replaced a fuse on my Accord. What else could it be?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (Suzanna @ Jul 19 2010, 09:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=343065
So, both lights at the same time?
I would venture you just drove around like nobody business as you seen light out front, probably never drove past a glass panel to see lighting on front of car, or pay atention to see 2 hot spots on grage door or on rear of car in front of you, let alone a simple walk around inspection.. You finally realized your lamps were inoperative when you seenno light out front

That really concerns me.
Driving in dark with no heads lights should, local PD, Sheriff or Highway Patrol around here will cite you.. $$$$

Do fuses really blow?
Yes, that's their job to blow in the event of a dead short or ecess circuit load to prevent overheat of wiring and possible fire,,,, but I do not think your problem is open circuit fuses..

It's too dark for me to look at it now.
I wouldn't bother with the fuses...
I don't think I ever replaced a fuse on my Accord.

What else could it be?
HEHEHEHEHEEEEE......... (2) light bulbs with open circuit of bulb filaments .... go buy (2) H7 bullbs and install them properly.. that means remove the whole headlamp assembly so you canservice it on a table top abd see that the bulb is correcltly indexed and secured.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I hope it is just two bulbs. Never had both out at the same time or this close together. Fuse blowing is not good. Don't want electrical problems! Just paid off the car. Have almost 80,000. Have the extended warranty but don't know what it covers. I tried changing headlights once before. Not a good experience. How does one hold a halogen bulb and not touch it? Wonder what the dealer would charge? Too much. They wanted $40 to replace a fog light.
Maybe Goodyear would be better.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
What about the other lights?

Are the headlights completely off? Also, are both high beams and low beams all off? No way could all four filaments be burned out.

Lights go off for other reasons than burned out fuses and bulbs.

Maybe battery and/or alternator are bad.

First, see if all lights are out (or dim). If so, then it's obviously not a head light thing.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (kn5owa @ Jul 20 2010, 12:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=343211
No way could all four filaments be burned out.
HEHEHEEEE..... had fella come in with headlight on, says "I have headlamp inop".... I get in and he has the high beam switched on.... ok.... high beam on 1 side need replaced... flip switch to low beam... nothing.. 3 of 4 filaments open circuit.

Lights go off for other reasons than burned out fuses and bulbs.
But no complaints of other lighting being inoperative

Maybe battery and/or alternator are bad.
Nope, they started car, battery ok so far.. car is running and warning lamps illuminated, alternator is charging and canceling the grounds that would illuminate the warning lamps

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Suzanna,
How did it go? I realize Regularly711 made some some good points if you squint but I can see both bulbs going out close to the same time. I haven't had the opportunity to replace mine yet after 5 years on the road but I can see one going out then the other a day or two later.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
To replace halogen bulbs w/o touching the glass, you can wear latex gloves. I handle the bulb by the prongs at the rear.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dealer said both bulbs. So 30 minutes, $65.
Must have driven with one light for awhile.
Feel better now.

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
As Craig noted, with the original bulbs installed in the car by the factory -- I'd expect BOTH bulbs to die at the same time, or days apart, it's basic logic.... But they don't.... One can last a whole year longer than the other... Just shows how flimsy and unreliable those bulbs can be.

QUOTE (kn5owa @ Jul 21 2010, 10:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=343557
Looks like we have a replacement for Miami on the forum
?? Who is that fine fella, kn5owa?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (Winthrop @ Jul 22 2010, 06:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=343824
May be it have some loose contact or need to replace them with new one if it is long time changing them or using them.

Nope... you ever try to remove the conector from a H7 bulb in a Hyundai... I gots to take bulb out most of the time and hold bulb with one hand, and wiggle connector off with other hand.... they fit really nice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts