Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Signed up because, while I have a 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T premium (more on that later), I may have been somewhat of a... prophet for Hyundai within my friends group. Ok, fine. Fanboy. I tried really hard not to be, but... you know how it goes.

So, within the group here in Ottawa, there's a 2010 Elantra Touring, two 2013 Elantra GT's (one tech package), and an '07 Accent.

My family has gone from Toyota, Mazda, and Honda, to, a 2010 Tucson, 2013 Elantra GT, and 2013 Accent.

And I get asked a lot for help with cars, both mods and maintenance. Which means, the GenCoupe community is great and all, BUT I kinda need a wider base of knowledge, too.

As for me?

I bought my 'coupe in April of '09: traded an '03 Acura RSX in on it. I swore it was great and I wasn't going to do anything to it...

And then i tinted it, and that was great. But, I winter drive, so I put good winters (SottoZero240's) on the stock 18's. Which meant I needed wheels and tires come the spring. After a lot of questions on forums, and searching, I settled on some (affordable but good looking) Petrol Vengeance wheels, 19x8 +20mm front, 19x9.5 +20mm rear. Those got 245/35 and 275/35 Hankooks on 'em.

Of course, once I pushed the width on the wheels and tires, that showed off the wheel gap some more, so I lowered her on an Eibach Prokit.

And I was at a meet in Cambridge, ON, and I picked up a GT Strut Bar for sixty bucks.

After that, I did a little under the hood: HKS Blow-off valve, AEM ColdAir Intake, and a custom set-up of catch-cans.

I scraped the front on a curb, and rather than just repaint, I put a Prodigy lip on, and, figured I might as well do the grill (Ixion) at the same time.

This last summer, I subtracted the second catalytic, first with a 2.5" ARK testpipe, and most recently with a TurboXS racepipe to match my TurboXS RSD catback.

My warranty is up next spring, and at that point, it's a comp clutch stage 2, Stance SS coilovers, and a BTRcc tune. There's a good chance I'm gonna pick up a treadstone intercooler as well.

I kinda want to do a 7" tablet install and blue-screen relocate.

It's an addiction, ok?

However, I've learned a lot from the car, and from the community, so, I'm more than happy to share that knowledge, too.

Here's the "Blue Meanie":

Oh, and I'm a huge fan of photography too, which is ... convenient.

If there's any Ontarians or Quebecer's here, there's HUGE meet at Ontario Hyundai in Whitby: charity meet, and really good time (been the last two years) on September 15th. If you know about it already, you should go! If not, feel free to hit me up and I can send you details. Open to all KDM, not just gencoupes.

Nice to be here, looking forward to learning some new things!

I'll shut up now.

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
Aloha! And welcome!

I too am much into photography and have a thread of my work in the images sub-forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys.. I'm just gettin' used to checking this forum too, which is why I go quiet for a few days. :D

Got back from the Ontario-Hyundai meet, and the guesstimate is that there were 150-175 genesis coupes, velosters, elantras, and sonatas. Awesome event, awesome turnout.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts