Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I have a 2006 Tucson and when I open the tailgate the interior light does not come on,both the one in the roof and the one on the side on the left.Bulbs are all ok and when I flick the switch in the roof to open the light will come on,just not in the position tailgate. Could this be the switch at fault and where would I find this? Thanks

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,277 Posts
Could this be the switch at fault and where would I find this?
It certainly could be the switch that's at fault, but I think there are two switches on the Tucson. One for the tailgate and one for the tailgate glass. I think it's unlikely both switches would fail at the same time. Does the light come on when you open the glass?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the light doesnt come on when the glass or tailgate is opened. Im trying to find the switch but cant find it?

·
Registered
15,277 Posts
I'd imagine the switch will be built into the tailgate latch. And I'd imagine the one for the glass will be built into the glass latch.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
It certainly could be the switch that's at fault, but I think there are two switches on the Tucson. One for the tailgate and one for the tailgate glass. I think it's unlikely both switches would fail at the same time. Does the light come on when you open the glass?
Did we check the diode Z06?

Attachments

·
Registered
15,277 Posts
Did we check the diode Z06?
I don't think so but your diagram shows us a quick way to test it....kinda.
Simply open the tailgate and then switch on the rear wiper. If the wiper works with the tailgate open the fault is before the diode (on the tailgate side). If the wiper doesn't work the fault is on the branch of the circuit with the diode, and you know from the behavior of the wiper motor that the tailgate switch is working too.

Of course, I'm assuming the rear wiper is working normally when the tailgate is close here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts