Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When shutting the boot it sometimes doesn't catch. I assume there must be something sticking within the mechanism.

Is this a common issue?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,096 Posts
I've never come across any problems with Matrix but on some other models the tailgate handle pivot pin gets rusty causing the handle to stick in the pulled position when you open the tailgate. That prevents the tailgate from latching closed.

·
Registered
16,096 Posts
Is it usually recommended to replace the part?
You could do but the the handle used to stick on my Getz and all I did was manually push the handle back everytime I opened the tailgate. Trying to remove the old rusty screws I'd need to remove to gain access to the pivot to clean & grease it, or replace the handle assembly, seemed like more effort than it was worth to me.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,601 Posts
You could do but the the handle used to stick on my Getz and all I did was manually push the handle back everytime I opened the tailgate. Trying to remove the old rusty screws I'd need to remove to gain access to the pivot to clean & grease it, or replace the handle assembly, seemed like more effort than it was worth to me.
This is what we get with electrical techs???
Not worth it to fix a mechanical issue??
:laugh::grin2:

·
Registered
16,096 Posts
This is what we get with electrical techs???
Not worth it to fix a mechanical issue??
:laugh::grin2:
Yeah, I only fix cars when someone's paying me to :laugh:

Seriously though, you've got to decide if a jobs worth the effort and when I saw what was involved in stripping it all down and probably having to drill out rusted screws, etc, I just didn't think it was worth the hassle.
I don't really like working on cars. I'd rather spend my time doing other, more pleasant things. Unless I'm being paid, of course.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,601 Posts
The trunk on my car didn't open with the key.
It should have but didn't.
So, I took it out and looked at it.
Worked on it with a pick and brake clean spray
Got it ... so it works now.
And every time I use the key to open it, I am satisfied with the job done
Money isn't a big deal to me
That is probably why I will always be poor for the rest of my life

I enjoy working on mechanical stuff.

·
Registered
16,096 Posts
Every time I opened my tailgate I got a feeling of satisfaction from the time I didn't waste fixing it. Life's too short to be wasting it fixing an insignificant fault on a 10 year old car. The cars gone now so it's the new owner's problem but he seems to have more important things to worry about too and is happy to just push the handle back.

And you obviously have too much money. It's when you don't have much money it becomes a big deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts