Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on here successfully installed a turbo kit or supercharger to a 06-08 v6 Sonata?

From what I've read, the ECU and fitment would be the biggest pain but if this is at all doable, I'll be highly considering it :)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
While I'm sure someone who wants to be different can do it, it won't be without a significant investment. This car is the wrong platform and not desgned for serious power. You would have to make some serious reinforcements to the drivetrain, chassis, and then for what...a fwd family sedan?

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
QUOTE (Jake Jacobson @ Apr 12 2010, 03:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=312639
Has anyone on here successfully installed a turbo kit or supercharger to a 06-08 v6 Sonata?

From what I've read, the ECU and fitment would be the biggest pain but if this is at all doable, I'll be highly considering it :)

No one has. I have come close to trying to tackle the project myself a few times. But the cost will not out weight the gains. Its going to be hard to fit turbos on it. unless you to an "sts" type of set up. But you are again still limited to power being no one can tune the Sonata v6 ECU. Nitrous is the way to go. Easy and cheap! But you wouldn't be the 1st to do that ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is what I thought. The Sonata V6 is already pretty beastly enough for a family sedan but imagine the wheel chirp if it were boosted!

There was a pretty generic ebay turbo kit with a T4 turbo that I was gonna try this with, but the things that worry me are: Turbo manifold and ECU programming. Also of course having to upgrade to bigger fuel rails and what not. I'm assuming ones from a Tib would work...

Seems like more trouble then its worth, but definitely a pipedream.

v33, are you running NO2 in your car? If so, expect a PM :)

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
Well he never said he was running. He said he was doing Nitrous. This is the same stuff known as Laughing gas. I ordered Cases in Miami

when I had my Sonata. None of it was for the Sonata! They used it in a Barrel Ride in the early 1900's Worlds Fair. At that time they put

Cocaine in Coca Cola :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (MiamiLX @ Apr 13 2010, 05:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=312969
Well he never said he was running. He said he was doing Nitrous. This is the same stuff known as Laughing gas. I ordered Cases in Miami

when I had my Sonata. None of it was for the Sonata! They used it in a Barrel Ride in the early 1900's Worlds Fair. At that time they put

Cocaine in Coca Cola :thumbsup:
LOL nice link.. I'm doing some back reading on the forum posts about the talks of nitrous on v33's car, and I'm really interested in this as a 50 shot of wet seems to be safe enough.

I really want to talk to someone who has actually done this successfully on a v6 NF though..

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
If you do, please keep in mind that Automotive Nitrous is different from the kind your dentist uses, or you can order at the link above! :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts