Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW - the whole time I was waiting for my Sonata to arrive (May - June) and even the few weeks after, Sonatas were really hard to get around here. I just did a quick scan online of the 4 local dealerships here and they have a ton of cars! Mostly GLS's but still - they have cars!! Before, 2 would come in and they would be sold as soon as they arrived. Are sales slowing down or has production picked up? Is it like this all over??

·
Registered
426 Posts
I think with the economic indicators back on the decline, consumers are once again pulling back from major purchases.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't think sales have slowed down that much... the dealer i bought mine from has sold on average, more than 1 a day, everyday, since they released. But they also now have about 30 on the lot. In march they had about 8

·
Banned
630 Posts
looks like my dealer still has close to 100 in stock. They had 140 when I bought mine 2 mos ago

·
Registered
424 Posts
some of the dealers here in so cal were being snobby and attempting to sell them for MSRP plus tax and fee's, I wonder if they still plan to do that now that there's a influx of new sonata's coming in.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Still pretty hard to find one up here, probably about 20 total between the 4 dealers here, but most are base model. Limited and Limited with Nav are still hard to come by. The funny thing is I've only seen 2 other customer owned Sonata since I got mine. I've seen about 20 Sonatas this past week alone but all are rental cars. It's ashame that a car like this is running around as rental cars. Soon they will show up as Taxi's once the rental companies dump them to auction.

·
1,914 Posts
We just received about 20 GLS's, unfortuntely no SE's or Limited's which is what we really need. We were told they ran out of wheels for the Limited and that's the hold up. I was also told we have numerous incoming Limited's sold but have no idea when they will show up.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Looks like in Canada the Limited is the car of choice as they are practically sold off the trailer, while GLS sits on the lot. GL has sold out but they have all ended up at Enterprise, Budget, Avis and discount Rent a car. Based on the previous polls looks like SE and Limited are the choices in the States.

Maybe Hyundai should just dump the base model all together, then it will elminate them sitting on rental car lots.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts