Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, today I found that some low life has dinged my passenger side door and didn't leave a note. Now this happened in my employers car park so I am hoping to get access to the one security camera that sweeps the area and maybe I can identify the culprit.
So my question is should I use my dealership's body shop for the repair or try to find a independent body shop(with a good reputation)?

thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
How bad is it? Depends if you're paying out of pocket or using insurance? If you go through insurance and pay the deductible then the insurance company will give you a list of registered auto body shops they recommend and trust. You might want to inquire with them just to find out the list. Most likely the dealership will just outsource the fix anyways. I bet the ding would be cheaper to pay out of pocket then the deductible... just my hunch.

I had a few small dings that i was able to get fixed under the extended warranty we purchased with the tucson. So far it has been able to cover two nail punctures in a tire (18" rubber) a couple dings and new key and key fob. (pretty much has already paid for itself)

good luck with finding the culprit for the ding. There's nothing more aggregating seeing a mystery mark on your ride.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i should also point out that the dings were "paintless dent repair" methods. they go inside your door frame and use tools and suction on the outside to pop it back out.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How bad is it? Depends if you're paying out of pocket or using insurance? If you go through insurance and pay the deductible then the insurance company will give you a list of registered auto body shops they recommend and trust. You might want to inquire with them just to find out the list. Most likely the dealership will just outsource the fix anyways. I bet the ding would be cheaper to pay out of pocket then the deductible... just my hunch.

I had a few small dings that i was able to get fixed under the extended warranty we purchased with the tucson. So far it has been able to cover two nail punctures in a tire (18" rubber) a couple dings and new key and key fob. (pretty much has already paid for itself)

good luck with finding the culprit for the ding. There's nothing more aggregating seeing a mystery mark on your ride.
Well called my insurance company today and I can use any body shop. The one my dealer recommended is about 50 minutes away. So I stopped in at one more local to me to get a quote.
The paint is damaged so the whole door needs to be painted.
Touching it up with a pen is not for me.
$570 plus the cost of a rental car for 3-4 days. Oh how I wish I had taken the rental car re-embursment on my insurance.
My deductible is $500 so probably I will not make a claim.
Tomorrow I will go see the other body shop and see what they have to say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts