Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am repairing a damaged 2018 Elantra sedan SE. It is stamped as being Korean built and I am having trouble finding body parts. [Used or aftermarket] What are the main differences in the front end body panels? I need hood and bumper cover. Available in aftermarket for US built but not for Korean built. Love to know the differences???? Thanking in advance.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I know the Korean models have the hole for the pull bar on the front. Really doubt there is other differences. Just wouldn't make sense to make 2 of everything.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the Korean models have the hole for the pull bar on the front. Really doubt there is other differences. Just wouldn't make sense to make 2 of everything.

Thanks. That makes sense about the bumper being different. [have to be tied down for the rough sea voyage] However they list a different hood for the 2 models. I wish I knew the differences.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Pretty sure the only 18 Elantras built in KR are the Sport models.
The Sports are built only in Korea, but the rest come from Korea or AL.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a very similar issue

i recently bought a 2017 Elantra sport that has hail damage and am in in the process of repairing it. i too am having issues finding parts for my hyundai. certain websites will state that hoods for US built hyundais arnt compatible with mine and will instruct me to select a part made for my korean car, yet the parts on the diagram look the exact same. so i'm a bit confused and don't want to end up with something that doesnt work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i recently bought a 2017 Elantra sport that has hail damage and am in in the process of repairing it. i too am having issues finding parts for my hyundai. certain websites will state that hoods for US built hyundais arnt compatible with mine and will instruct me to select a part made for my korean car, yet the parts on the diagram look the exact same. so i'm a bit confused and don't want to end up with something that doesnt work.
Thank you for chiming in on this. Where I live a hood for my Korean built car is only available at the dealer and costs over $600. But a certified fit aftermarket hood for a US built cost less than $200. !
I wish we could get an answer to this.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I think the only thing you can rely on is the part number. Is hard to compare the size of body parts from 2 countries, if it doesn't fit perfectly you will get wind noise from hood all the time which is so annoying

·
Registered
657 Posts
i recently bought a 2017 Elantra sport that has hail damage and am in in the process of repairing it.
Hmmm? WHY? You wanted to save a buck? Now you have only headache... Swallow your pride and drive it as is. As long as engine, transmission and other major parts work as designed, forget about the body.
Same principle as choosing your woman: do not go for great boobs, pretty face and cute behind. All of that will sag with time; go for the brains and good cooking.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I've seen them parked side by side at the dealer. If there is any difference, it's not to the naked eye. I know on previous years someone purchased US parts for a Korean unit, and fit was perfect.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've seen them parked side by side at the dealer. If there is any difference, it's not to the naked eye. I know on previous years someone purchased US parts for a Korean unit, and fit was perfect.
That is exactly what I was trying to see at my local dealer today. I was buying parts there anyway so asked to see a US and Korean built so I could compare. Problem was we could not find a US built Elantra, as all door posts said "Made in Korea". Would have loved to have seen what you witnessed.
So you are saying all body lines looked the same? How about the front bumper? see any differences there? THANKS!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for chiming in on this. Where I live a hood for my Korean built car is only available at the dealer and costs over $600. But a certified fit aftermarket hood for a US built cost less than $200. !
I wish we could get an answer to this.

yeah same here. i went ahead and ordered a new US made replacement hood since the korean made part number is literally one off and they look identical. plus i cant justify spending over a thousand dollars for a hood after paint. so i'm taking advantage of this websites "guarantee fit or your money back policy." so i'll post my results once i receive the part.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah same here. i went ahead and ordered a new US made replacement hood since the korean made part number is literally one off and they look identical. plus i cant justify spending over a thousand dollars for a hood after paint. so i'm taking advantage of this websites "guarantee fit or your money back policy." so i'll post my results once i receive the part.
This is so great - I'll be watching here closely.
I am assuming when you say US replacement hood you mean aftermarket and no OEM? When do you expect it in? T H A N K S again!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mr. Imnomechanicbut..... did you get your hood in and how did that work out? Awaiting your results before I order a hood. T H A N K S

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hmmm? WHY? You wanted to save a buck? Now you have only headache... Swallow your pride and drive it as is. As long as engine, transmission and other major parts work as designed, forget about the body.
Same principle as choosing your woman: do not go for great boobs, pretty face and cute behind. All of that will sag with time; go for the brains and good cooking.
WHAT???????????????? :confused::rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Most parts between the Korean and Alabama Elantras are the same though some may carry differing part numbers. So don't sweat it too much. Take it from someone that repaired a written off right hand drive ad elantra with mostly US, left hand drive elantra parts.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Most parts between the Korean and Alabama Elantras are the same though some may carry differing part numbers. So don't sweat it too much. Take it from someone that repaired a written off right hand drive ad elantra with mostly US, left hand drive elantra parts.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
Thanks for that but a hood is a large and expensive item - IF- it doesn't fit. I am still hoping to hear from Mr. Imnomechanicbut....

·
Registered
7 Posts
It could just be that the part number is the only thing different between the hoods due to regional difference? I bought two of the roadside/emergency kits (one for me and one for a friend as a gift) and one of them have an extra 0 at the end of the part number. They are the same exact kit with the same exact items. I don't know why it had a different part number.

Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am repairing a damaged 2018 Elantra sedan SE. It is stamped as being Korean built and I am having trouble finding body parts. [Used or aftermarket] What are the main differences in the front end body panels? I need hood and bumper cover. Available in aftermarket for US built but not for Korean built. Love to know the differences???? Thanking in advance.
I am having same trouble...
How did you do?
Did you try to mont US hood and Bumper on korean build Elantra?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts