Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again!
I am also interested in upgrading my taillights for the bmw styled ones that some of the fellow elantra owners have bought and I was just wondering if I could get some more info about them.
Shark Racing offers a nice pair (Shark Racing) for $410 and sabersport on ebay (BMW Style "L E D " Tail Lights LED for 2011 2013 Elantra 4pcs Red Plug N Play | eBay) offers them for $250. I have also looked on exled but they are even more expensive than the ones offered on Shark Racing so i would like to chose between these two and wanted to ask if anyone has bought the ones from sabersport and if the quality is good.

Now I know that Shark Racing is a respectable seller and provides good projects according to the forums but obviously I would like to save my money and buy the cheaper ones but then again I would rather invest a little more if the ones sold on ebay are bad quality. I would like some guidance on which ones I should go with.

Thank You all in advance!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hello again!
I am also interested in upgrading my taillights for the bmw styled ones that some of the fellow elantra owners have bought and I was just wondering if I could get some more info about them.
Shark Racing offers a nice pair (Shark Racing) for $410 and sabersport on ebay (BMW Style "L E D " Tail Lights LED for 2011 2013 Elantra 4pcs Red Plug N Play | eBay) offers them for $250. I have also looked on exled but they are even more expensive than the ones offered on Shark Racing so i would like to chose between these two and wanted to ask if anyone has bought the ones from sabersport and if the quality is good.

Now I know that Shark Racing is a respectable seller and provides good projects according to the forums but obviously I would like to save my money and buy the cheaper ones but then again I would rather invest a little more if the ones sold on ebay are bad quality. I would like some guidance on which ones I should go with.

Thank You all in advance!
Saving money is a good and noble idea, but as life often attests, good things aren't often cheap, and cheap things are often not that good, either... If you plan on using the car for 5+ years, the cost of the higher-priced (and higher quality) product becomes nothing over time.

Personally, I will suggest investing a little money and get good quality products. You will be far happier in the end... Just MHO.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Personally, I will suggest investing a little money and get good quality products. You will be far happier in the end... Just MHO.
Good opinion and one I generally agree with though sometimes the products are the same. Only experience with the products as asked can really tell the reality sometimes. I would like to hear about the different experiences too.:)

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I believe strongly in the age old adage 'you get what you pay for'.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Got mine from sabersport, course back then they were 379 lol. Sharkracing is way too expensive for the same lights.

·
22,788 Posts
Just my opinion based on year's of posts by Lou. He rolls First Class. And if a particular mod he wants to do isn't available, he just goes out and engineers one...using quality components. Lou runs with the Big Dogs! You will never see him sitting on the porch. :wink2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got mine from sabersport, course back then they were 379 lol. Sharkracing is way too expensive for the same lights.
Yes, I waited until the price dropped to a more comfortable range for me. How is your experience with the ones from sabersport? If you have time could you please post up some photos of these tail lights? I've seen Lou's pictures and video on youtube so I know the quality of the SR ones I just want to know how big of a difference it is from the ones from sabersport. :)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yes, I waited until the price dropped to a more comfortable range for me. How is your experience with the ones from sabersport? If you have time could you please post up some photos of these tail lights? I've seen Lou's pictures and video on youtube so I know the quality of the SR ones I just want to know how big of a difference it is from the ones from sabersport. :)
These lights as far as I know are made by the same manufacturer. They are all over the place for all different prices. Lou's are modified with the LED strip on the side, and the 3 small LED's tapped into the turn signal. Stock, these lights only have the 3 small LED's on the sides, as marker lights. IF you want to make them flash with the turn signal, you'll need to mod it a little. As far as experience from the lights? No problems at all, no water entry issues. Only thing I did was replace the brake light bulb with red LED bulb. Looks great :D

·
Registered
911 Posts
You install MD mods do you have more experience with the different tail lights in general on e-bay??? I know you are a big advocate of you get what you pay for on the HID kits/parts and LED.
I don't think Lou buys from ebay much...but I could be wrong.
Don't know where Lou buys from e-bay comes from???:rolleyes:

Most if not all the tail lights come from Korea and Lou does have a lot of experience installing mods. Find it hard to believe he doesn't have experience with more than a few different ones???

BTW the tail lights from exLed, Hi-Motors and KIA are also sold on e-bay sometimes for less.

Maybe missed a good opportunity to publicly find out. Too bad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts